Electronics

That IS what a lot of people believe. Not saying that I agree. But, a LOT of people think that the activity has pushed itself to it's limit with what it can do from a creative standpoint with the equipment it already has.

the funny thing is the older guys are the ones who pushed for it. maybe they did run out of ideas...so step aside and let youngins take a crack

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's stopping them? The design teams can use whatever they want. No one is forcing them to do DCI.

If they thnk DCI would be the best placae to do so...then they can change the rules...as has happened in drum corps long before DCI came along.

not at all. you took an accoustic activity and made design scoring well dependant on amplification.

####, give hockey players basketballs too

Your analogy is completely irrelevant, no matter what you may try and say about it.

Amplification did not add, or even physically change, one new instrument in DCI. It just amplifies the already legal existing ones.

Your analogy is completely irrelevant, no matter what you may try and say about it.

Amplification did not add, or even physically change, one new instrument in DCI. It just amplifies the already legal existing ones.

I disagree. Electronics changes the physical make up of the sound waves. Instead of an organic sound, you have a reproduced sound.

Yes to all.

Piano wouldn't work, but a approximate synthesizer would. Westfield from Texas used that idea in one of their shows, putting the synth in a piano casing to make it seem like the real thing and still work logistically.

Of course, I'd like to see greater instrumentation changes than just electronics, as well. I'm looking forward to the day when Blue Devils have a wailing sax solo, and when SCV performs to a string quartet. :D

Since when is singing a "non-performer-skill"?????

Have you listened to most of the people sing in DCI?

Yes to all.

Piano wouldn't work, but a approximate synthesizer would. Westfield from Texas used that idea in one of their shows, putting the synth in a piano casing to make it seem like the real thing and still work logistically.

Is that when they did the Persichetti?