Americanos question....will they be on the field?

Please......This is not meant to start rumors or bashing or anything like that.

I was on the DCI site and still have not seen Canos listed for any shows. I was not sure if they were fielding a corps this year or if that will be coming next year. I know the Indoor Drum Line has been doing pretty well. I just wasn't sure if an outdoor season was in the plans for this year or not. I thought they were.

I was hoping for a few more strong Div II/III corps would highlight this area again this year. (Canos included)

Lumps

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before they can be listed on the calendar, they have to be evaluated and approved by DCI since they took a year off. I believe the evaulation process usually starts around the March camps and a decision comes a few weeks later.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums//ind...showtopic=72842

Thanks for the info. Bobby!

Hopefully there will be some good news/an update coming from them early next week about how things went. B)

Thanks for the info. I forgot that the evaluation process was so late. I suppose DCI needs to see everything in full swing. However, that could really crimp plan if they do not get a good evaluation. However, I do not expect the Canos would go this far if they were not on the right track.

Thanks again.....

Later,

Lumps

whatever the case, we will be fielding a corps this year. And we're still looking for potential members, anyone interested feel free to give Linnie or I a call.

Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't know much about this.

If Americanos, for whatever reason, do not pass DCI's evaluation, can they still partake in DCI sanctioned shows or are there other opportunities even with DCM now defunct?

Basically - can corps who are not under the DCI "umbrella", so to speak, compete at DCI shows?

Either way, good luck Americanos! I can't wait to see you guys back on the field this summer.

If a corps is denied access to the DCI schedule there are no chances for competiting. The only option available would be a lot of parades.