Suprises of 2006

A lot of people like Capital Regiment, they have a ton of potential and also did last year but they just didn't want to work. Let's see if it changes, they could be pretty good I think as well.

I promise I'm not trying to start anything, but what did you mean by ' but they just didn't want to work' ?

The reason I ask is because I saw them several times through out the summer, and they were working their butts off.. I know there were some staff problems, and the drill seemed difficult for them, but they certainly were working. Is this an opinion or was there something else going on? They have some new visual staff coming in this year...

Anyway, I agree, they do have ALOT of potential, and it would be fun to see 3 corps from Ohio in the top 12 in one year! The only states to have done that or better are California and Illinois. California had 4 corps in top 12 in 1992. Illinois had three corps in 1979. Wisconsin has had 2 corps in the top 12 during the same year, I think... Anyway, sorry if this got off topic.

Edited by jjeffeory

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people like Capital Regiment, they have a ton of potential and also did last year but they just didn't want to work. Let's see if it changes, they could be pretty good I think as well.

wow.

Uh huh.

Anyway...here's some potential surprises:

-Bluecoats finally breaking into the top 4. Even though 5th place is a huge achievement, corps such as the Glassmen and BAC have placed the same, only to fall to the middle and bottom of the top twelve in subsequent years. But not only are the Bluecoats one of most organizationally fit corps in DCI; their design staff and high vet return rate have every reason to propel them forward. It's a hard task, but they're up to the challenge.

-SCV placing higher than 6th. I'm sorry but I have yet to be convinced that SCV can recover after losing most of their original design team. I don't see them dropping in placement, but I don't see them moving foward either.

-In the case of brand new corps cracking into the top 12, Cap. Reg. and Southwind have the best shot. I'm already certain Cap Reg's program will be monumentally better than last year. And from what I've heard from some of my Southwind friends, they'll be putting together a fairly ambitious show.

-As for Blue Stars...It's a toss up. I'd be a little surprised not to see them in Semis.

i think pioneer's gonna make alotta noise, cohesive staff, plenty of vets

Well, we're short on brass, but all the vets and staff agree that we've got one of the strongest Pioneer hornlines in a while. After the Southside Chicago St. Paddy's day parade, alot of the staff we're saying how normally it takes until June or so to get looking that good. We'll see though, it'll be interesting for sure.

I'll be suprised if Boston announces it's show before 2007 season audtions. I'll also be suprised if they have 5 random songs meshed with drill and slap a name to the production... Wait, no I wouldn't.

LOL! Awesome post!

I'll be suprised if Boston announces it's show before 2007 season audtions. I'll also be suprised if they have 5 random songs meshed with drill and slap a name to the production... Wait, no I wouldn't.
LOL! Awesome post!

Something tells me that Mellojaphoney is joking around.

Blue Knights might be a suprise once again because nobody ever seems to mention them.