Buglers Hall of Fame

Drum corps is an inclusive activity. It is made stronger and better by the combined efforts of every member. remember the old analogy of a chain only being as strong as it's weakest link and all that.

I remember everyone in any corps I was in always giving their best always. So, yeah, here's to the line players...and the drummers, too. God love 'em, (someone has to), and the guards.

I still say the hall of fame stuff is exclusionary in an inclusive activity. Sort of we're better, see... our friends said so. Thus the stroking egos statement. It's not an insult just MHO.

<snip>Funny joke. I hope it was a joke. I'm a sop and sometime soloist and my hat always fits.

Many a humbling moment makes sure of it.

Yep, many humble pie moments here. Just when I think I'm past 'em...More pie in the face, including 3 weeks ago.

Had one at the Forum. Decided to go for a double C octave part and thought I nailed it til I heard a tape. Hard to play in tune up there. Oh well.

This thread didn't develop the way I had hoped. Guess I could've named it better and gave a better description. I was hoping to hear stories of all the crazy and great horn players, "in the line" that never get told because they just happen in the line. People are silently amazed or laugh til they cry and that's it - the moment's gone. Thought it would be a great opportunity to tell stories.

Recently, a great longtime friend of mine and my barber, Bob Carney, from Reilly of late, passed away all too quickly and way too soon. Each visit to his shop was a story fest of all the guys we had known and know now. He was one sarcastic dude, but it was all in fun. He was a good sop himself and we would talk technique, equipment and stuff.

When I would enter his shop he would always quip something derogatory about the Bucs. "Oh, here comes, 'Mister Boredom in Blue', for his haircut." Naturally, I would reply in kind, but it was all in fun. I hope God enjoys sarcasm. Rest in Peace, Robert.

Yeah, Bobby will be missed Marty. He and I met in Archie in 1980 and were friends since. I played taps at his funeral.

He never stopped busting my chops for going to Reading. And I never stopped busting his for not coming with me.

He's not a Hall of Famer.......well, at least not on earth :rock:

Jerry Ware

Yeah, Bobby will be missed Marty. He and I met in Archie in 1980 and were friends since. I played taps at his funeral.

He never stopped busting my chops for going to Reading. And I never stopped busting his for not coming with me.

He's not a Hall of Famer.......well, at least not on earth :rock:

Jerry Ware

Hi Jerry,

Don't know if you know this about Bob. He actually tried out for the hornline in '79. The only opening was in the 3rd soprano section. His audition was OK, nothing to right home about, but he didn't set the world on fire. Tony offered him the 3rd spot and he got terribly offended and said, "I play first or not at all." and Tony said, "Sorry, the top line is covered" You can guess Bob's opinion of Yach from that moment on.

Ironically, Joe Weglarz, who played with me and Bob back in Brookhaven came to Bucs in the Spring and took the 3rd soprano spot. We called him our screech 3rd. He played 3rd on all parts until a high part and then belted that out, then went back to playing 3rd. (Not a bad gig, come to think of it). Big Joe could've crushed Jericho solo!

I was a little late joining in '79 also and took the last split first spot. As soon as I came in the line and we ran through, "Fantasy" Tony stopped and said, "I never thought I'd ever say this, but there's too much split soprano" A proud moment of mine.

Drum corps is an inclusive activity. It is made stronger and better by the combined efforts of every member. remember the old analogy of a chain only being as strong as it's weakest link and all that.

I remember everyone in any corps I was in always giving their best always. So, yeah, here's to the line players...and the drummers, too. God love 'em, (someone has to), and the guards.

I still say the hall of fame stuff is exclusionary in an inclusive activity. Sort of we're better, see... our friends said so. Thus the stroking egos statement. It's not an insult just MHO.

Here is the lineup for the show in Bridgeport that will have the next HOF lineup. Quite an Alumni show.

BARNUM FESTIVAL – CHAMPIONS ON PARADE – July 1, 2006 – 6:30 p.m., JFK Stadium (at Central High School), Bridgeport, CT. This year’s performances will include: PARK CITY PRIDE, Bridgeport, CT; HAWTHORNE CABALLEROS ALUMNI, Hawthorne, NJ; PRESTON SCOUT HOUSE, Ontario, Canada; BRIDGEMEN ALUMNI, Bayonne, NJ; SPARTANS Junior D&B Corps, Nashua, NH; MUSIC EXPRESS, New Jersey and BUGLERS HALL OF FAME. For more information about this event or other Barnum Festival Events, please visit our website: www.barnumfestival.com

:laugh::bleah::lol: :mmm:

Scarlet Knights.....snare line 61-64

Golden Buccaneers................1965

USMC D&B, snare,tenor,soprano, mellophone....65-69

Park City Pride......snare line....2004- forever