LMS Los Angeles rumor

*snort* I rememeber Sing, Sing, Sing from when I marched in 87. I can still hear Pepe Nataro slapping his stomach and singing the opening drum line (transition between the perc feature and SSS...high lift mark time and reach for the mute hanging off my hip)....you could hear his gut across the field!!

What a character...and a #### fine instructor, too!

Can you imagine Pepe at an LMS!?!?!?! <Gravelly voice>: "I WANT VIOLENCE!!!"

Corpsdom would never be the same, I guarantee, pork chops.

Georgia? Mayhaps, Hunter Moss et al. should mosey out next year.

Regarding Midwest corps. The Kilties could rock the place just like in Plymouth Rocks!

I do believe Brent is serious! Wow! Minnenippliesota Brass at LMS. Roger Grupp is da' man along with many other talented MBI folks, including Roger's wife, Tina, mello, Cynthia Hoines, bari, Tischhoser...Tishtish...that guy, Dennis, who plays too many horns. Reserve my dugout, uh, seat for LMS 8 next year. Can't wait for LMS 7! Have fun at LMS LA!

Edited by CozyChopsCom

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably could get Minne-Brass out there next year. We would have to give them up from our own Showcase of Music that previews all the Minnesota Drum Corps Programs. Let us keep the discussion going. Minnesota Brass on the West Coast would ROCK! We would have to hit Robert Mondavi winery since he is a native Minnesotan.

For Serious.

Speaking from experience ... Renegades+ MBI = much fun and chaos. ^0^ B)

Come on out!

Can you imagine Pepe at an LMS!?!?!?! <Gravely voice>: "I WANT VIOLENCE!!!"

Corpsdom would never be the same, I guarantee, pork chops.

Can someone invent a time machine and go back to the late 80s and grab the man, then??

I think Pepe would've LOVED the idea of LMS...and sr corps outside of the NE region.

Can someone invent a time machine and go back to the late 80s and grab the man, then??

I think Pepe would've LOVED the idea of LMS...and sr corps outside of the NE region.

Too funny.

I am not an official spokesman for RCR, but I can tell you what little I know about both LMS performances. This is only what I have heard so it could all be completely wrong.

LMS 7 - From what I understand the decision to not attend was made by the entire staff back in the fall (I do not know the reasons behind the decision). RCR never gave any indication we would be attending LMS and from what I have heard we were never actually invited by the Renegades. I would understand the assumption we would attend if we had done it every year, but we did not attend last year so I would think we would be invited if they wanted us there. If the last two statements are true then I don't see how we could have "pulled out" of the event at the last minute since we were never officially part of the event.

LMS LA – This is probably a timing and cost issue. Our schedule was given out at open house and the staff promised minimal if any changes would be made. This was before LMS LA was announced. The cost part is due to the fact that we will be leaving for our So Cal tour on Friday afternoon and returning after the show on Sunday. This is to minimize the cost of the bus and limit the nights in a hotel to two. If we attended LMS-LA we would at the least have to leave Friday morning and more likely Thursday night. We would incur additional expense for the longer time needed for the bus and possibly an additional night at the hotel. Also, the corps members would be required to take Friday off from work which could lead to members not being able to go on tour at all. This would impact the two shows in LA and we cannot afford to have any members missing if we can avoid it.

Whatever the reasons are for RCR not attending these events I don’t understand why the corps (and members) are being attacked for the decision. I do not recall any RCR members outright attacking the Renegades or opening threads that specifically target them (like Rich’s RCR marketing thread). RCR has always supported the west coast senior corps, but we also have to look after ourselves and make sure we are not commiting to anything that is beyond our resources.

One question I do have – LMS 5 had five corps (Renegades, RCR, Blue Devils B, Blue Devils C and Fever.) Now there is only one corps (Renegades). Why?

Good luck to everyone involved in both these events. B)

MY OFFICIAL STATEMENT IN REGARDS TO ALL LMS EVENTS FOR THE 2006 SEASON:

I like gum. Does anyone else like gum?

Thank you for your attention.

P.S. Jeff, I bear no animosity towards the marching members of RCR whatsoever, however the diplomatic skills of some of the higher-ups of your organization leave a lot to be desired and that's just about as much as I want to say about the matter publicly. And as far as the marketing thing goes, well, maybe instead of coming up with shirts that have "evil"s and "stomp"s on them, perhaps something a little more original would suit you folks better.

On a lighter note, I hear things are going quite well up there in Sac-town and I am looking forward to the finished product. See you on the field.

One question I do have – LMS 5 had five corps (Renegades, RCR, Blue Devils B, Blue Devils C and Fever.) Now there is only one corps (Renegades). Why?)

LMS was never intended to be an all drum corps concert, and probably (hopefully) never will be. As in the past LMS concerts, LMS 7 has a number of Renegades killer drum corps groups among the lineup, the full corps, our two-time world champion Minicorps, and our colorguard ensemble. The minicorps and colorguard both perform shows that are not the field show, and also have a number of members who are not in the regular corps. So, we give them all chance to debut, and we're all happy. B)

Three drum corps have been invited to perform at LMS Los Angeles -- Renegades, So Cal Dream, and the Kingsmen alumni. We should know about the Kingsmen today, and our expectation is that LMS Los Angeles will be the largest LMS concert in history, and I know for a fact that there will be motion picture and music industry reps in the audience.

For the record, LMS 7 was going to have two drum corps, until we recently received a letter from the other corps management, pulling out, and giving four or five reasons for the sudden "nonappearance" related to their LMS concert two years ago (i.e. performance order etc.). Leaving aside the issue that any one of the issues raised could have simply been addressed in a phone call at any point over the last two years, this of course, begs the question -- if one isn't "in" a concert, why the letter? Anyway, I really don't care about this anymore. Good luck RCR, we'll see you down the road. Don't worry, be happy. :laugh:

For me, this season is about having fun, causing chaos, and making two senior corps as good as they can possibly be at DCA. All of which I intend to do. ^0^

:laugh:

OH YEAH !!! No doubt about it!! Pepe would have gone nuts over LMS..

That would have fit him to a 'T'..maybe even one of those 4XL tees he used to wear. :bleah:

I could just see him conducting the Renegades!!! That would raise the dead...no pun intended.

Pat

Lee, Does the stage at Torrance High School have enough room for 13 Kingsmen contras?

We had 70 horns at practice yesterday and made the announcement that we will defintly be joining you at LMS LA on July 7, 2006.

I would suggest that anyone wanting to buy tickets for this event, do it early because their won't be any tickets available at the door. This will defintly sell out. The Kingsmen Alumni Corps is committed to selling 400 tickets, we have one member who has a medical practice in the Torrance area and he might sell over 100 himself.

We're not sure if our 20 rifles will be there. We have no pit so maybe the room is there.

I've been asking the question when our last standstill performance was in a theatre and it seems it was at the Orange Show in 1977 or 1978.

Renegades, We thank you for the invitation!