Top Posters In This Topic

Looked at about 8 websites only one I could find was Crowns:

Trumpet - Bach 3C

Mellophone - UMI 1736

Baritone - Schilke 51D (Large Bore)

Euphonium - Bach 4G (Large Bore)

Tuba - Conn Helleberg 120-S

Hope that helps.

As far as the trumpet section, we're allowed to use the mouthpiece we play on already. If we sound good on it, and that's what we're used to, what's the point in changing it? Of course, if there's a kid on 3rd part playing on a pea shooter, they're going to make him change it..

The point of changing it is to better intonation.

Perhaps if a person is playing on something very shallow, otherwise, it's the player not the equipment.

So corps should also march different instruments just the ones people are used to?

The equipment does have a small effect on intonation...

So corps should also march different instruments just the ones people are used to?

The equipment does have a small effect on intonation...

Yes yes, I know. But the mouthpiece is a different matter. Not that this affects me, I play on a 3C anyway. I'm just saying, if someone comes into the hornline who doesn't play on a 3C and is really good, and plays in tune, I see no reason to make him change.

Yes yes, I know. But the mouthpiece is a different matter. Not that this affects me, I play on a 3C anyway. I'm just saying, if someone comes into the hornline who doesn't play on a 3C and is really good, and plays in tune, I see no reason to make him change.

To get a deeper darker sound that the one everyone to have or be close to, mouthpieces can do that.