Drum Corps Survivor

Round 9  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Read Rules before voting!

• Phantom Regiment
    • Bluecoats
    • Madison Scouts
    • Santa Clara Vangaurd

I'm with you. I said it at last year and I'll say it again, if last year's SCV show was performed by Blue Knights, Glassmen, or any other Tier 2 corps, it wouldn't have received half as many accolades. At best, it was nothing more than a good 8th place show… actually, compared to recent years, it was a weak 8th place show. In my book, it was (at best) an okay 10th or 11th place show. It sure does help to have the SCV name.

On that same note, HAD that same show design been performed by Blue Knights, Glassmen, or any other similar corps, it would have been at a weaker performance level. and btw, the last 8th place corps I would put above scv this past season would be pr 99 or bluecoats 2001, certainly not glassmen or madison.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV...though I feel bad for doing it....

taka tera tiki gone

I couldn't even watch SCV's show all the way through without getting bored.

That was not the SCV that brought us 1999-2004 and I can't believe Bloo might get voted off instead of them.

as good as bluecoats are/were, they bored me

On that same note, HAD that same show design been performed by Blue Knights, Glassmen, or any other similar corps, it would have been at a weaker performance level.

Hmmm… once again, I’m left thinking I saw an entirely different SCV show all season. BTW, your comment seems a bit insulting to BK and Glassmen and I’ll through BAC into the mix, all of which were within a point of SCV. I guess your implication is that SCV’s show design was inherently more complex than these other corps and that these corps were incapable of the the SCV perfromance level, but once again I’m left scratching my head. I don’t mean any disrespect to SCV because I love this corps, but the show was a huge disappointment (okay, to me it was a mess). I think the GE caption score was dead on the mark… an 11th place finish was about right. Just my two cents.

taka tera tiki gone

:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

:blink::bleah::laugh::bleah:

I'm with you. I said it at last year and I'll say it again, if last year's SCV show was performed by Blue Knights, Glassmen, or any other Tier 2 corps, it wouldn't have received half as many accolades. At best, it was nothing more than a good 8th place show… actually, compared to recent years, it was a weak 8th place show. In my book, it was (at best) an okay 10th or 11th place show. It sure does help to have the SCV name.

I honestly very much agree with you. I have no idea how SCV beat Boston this past year, with their "miraculous" finals show. Boston wound up being severely underscored visually, and SCV wound up being one of the most undeservedly heralded corps of the year; acclaimed and celebrated for putting a relatively (to their recent past) terrible show on the field. I can see how their fans could be supportive and be optimistic for the future, but making fan clubs on here for the show and saying that it was one of the best shows of 2005, is beyond me. I'm very much in support of the theory of yours that I bolded.