Review of Mighty St. Joe's Classic

What a great show!!!

From my POV the best moment of the evening was watching the first 6 rows of the packed house collectively flinch on the opening statement of Artistry........those moments are why I love this activity!! :)

Well Said!!! I saw at least 10 people cover their ears when we started Artistry, and our Standing O at the end!!!

(also to the Sabers, It was a great start to the season)

Edited by iloveto8va

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Said!!! I saw at least 10 people cover their ears when we started Artistry, and our Standing O at the end!!!

(also to the Sabers, It was a great start to the season)

I was 10.5' from the first row during our "openning set." It was obvious that the first 3 rows didn't realize what was soon to come. "Collective Flinching" is a good phrase. I will just say that when the THUNDERBIRDS were performing, the concession stands were empty and the Auditorium was filled to capacity. I firmly believe that the "doubting" was over after our openning statement.

Prime Time Brass impressed me! They looked like they were having fun.

Did anyone play "RIO?"

(lol)

Well...

Rio is a popular tune these days LOL.

I listened to a recording of PTB and it was quite good. Thanks Doug Mellenthine from GR. BTW, PTB does not play just Rio. We play the Mambo Kings version of "Mambo de Brasilia". It just ends with a tag of Rio.

Donny

riiiiio

Well...

Rio is a popular tune these days LOL.

I listened to a recording of PTB and it was quite good. Thanks Doug Mellenthine from GR. BTW, PTB does not play just Rio. We play the Mambo Kings version of "Mambo de Brasilia". It just ends with a tag of Rio.

Donny

hey wait,...........isn't "Mambo de Brasilia" spanish for "Rio"?,.................

Just Kidding,............. :rock:

hey wait,...........isn't "Mambo de Brasilia" spanish for "Rio"?,.................

Just Kidding,............. :rock:

O.K........Who DOESN'T have "RIO" in their book? (Rumor has it that ARBANS is putting it on the first page.......I could be wrong..... b**bs

Just think...I only really sold Rio once and it wasnt to the first corps I gave it to. It is amazing that everybody has it and the crowd loves it, no matter who plays it.

The one corps that ACTUALLY bought the arrangement paid exactly the same amount that the T-Birds paid for Artistry in Rhythm. Maybe I should start jacking up my price list LOL...

Donny

Just think...I only really sold Rio once and it wasnt to the first corps I gave it to. It is amazing that everybody has it and the crowd loves it, no matter who plays it.

The one corps that ACTUALLY bought the arrangement paid exactly the same amount that the T-Birds paid for Artistry in Rhythm. Maybe I should start jacking up my price list LOL...

Donny

Yes but T-birds played Aristry without the HOYT SOLO! It sounded so wrong without one bari backfield playing it!

O.K........Who DOESN'T have "RIO" in their book? (Rumor has it that ARBANS is putting it on the first page.......I could be wrong..... b**bs

you heard correctly, it's replacing the 7th Arpeggios :)