Male to female ratio

The topic of the thread is about the ratio of females to males in percussion and brass sections, not how you feel about males in colorguard.

Well then, the mods better ban me from DCP since I made a post that didn't just answer only the question in the most concise way possible.

From what I've observed, my corps has one of the higher girl:guy ratios out of all of the DCI hornlines. We probably have almost 15 girls in the hornline (most of which are very good looking, for what that's worth), 1 in the battery, 2 or so in the pit, and the guard is usually split evenly.

this years hornline has the most girls i have ever marched with. i think there are 17. i know there are 11 in the low brass (including alternates). i was shocked to see that many girls. before this year 11 was our record in the whole line.

i can think of several years that the baritone line only had two girls on it. our soprano line has been almost all male for several years. the mello line, as someone else said, typically has the most girls on it.

spirits battery had two girls on it last year. there was one that left mid season in 01 (she marched before that, but i dont remember when) and since then there havent been any.

Edited by mophilda

• 15 years later...

In the band I play in, there is only one female trumpet player and one male drummer. I think the reason there is less female trumpet players and female drummers in other bands is because other people group instruments with genders, therefore if there is a female trumpeter, people may diss them because usually there isn’t female trumpeters or drummers. But I think it doesn’t matter you can play any instrument you want because I find music as a form of expression.