Great Lakes Drum Corps.

Not the Glassmen.....

Here is a short list of the GLDCA corps, I remember

Saginaires, Praesidium, Bandettes, Highlanders, Glassmen, Midshipmen, Bluecoats, Dutch Boy cadets, Flint Guardsmen, Flying Dutchmen, Maple City cadets, Marion Cadets, Marion Jets, Rose City Guardsmen, Royal Coachmen, Townesmen, Caballaros, General Putmans men, Miami Valley lancers, Iron Brigade, Royal Lancers, Maurarders and Buckeyes.

...Pretorian,White Beret,Majestics,Castle Rangers,Lionettes,Bluenotes,Northernaires,Silver echoes,Blue Knights,Mountaineers,Lanse Golden Eagles,Marty's Goldenaires,Sarnia Buccaneers...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Pretorian,White Beret,Majestics,Castle Rangers,Lionettes,Bluenotes,Northernaires,Silver echoes,Blue Knights,Mountaineers,Lanse Golden Eagles,Marty's Goldenaires,Sarnia Buccaneers...

It BLUEWATER Buccaneers. In the years I marched not once were we ever called the Sarnia Buccanners.

Hey anyone have pics from St. Clair Shores and Riverview(?) shows in 1975 and 1976? We competed both years at Memorial Day competitions.

Keith, were these two organizations connected with a VFW/AL or church? If I have the time I could visit them and see what memorbilia they have.

Not sure who sponsored them but we went in 75 and 76. I remember 75 there was a huge storm approaching and it got dramatically dark and scary as we began to play "Garden of Gethsemane" from JC Superstar.

Heres a corps who didn't get enough exposure. I knew alot of people here as we (Marauders) merged with the Royal lancers to form Iron Brigade. If you get a chance listen to "An Evening with the Corps" recorded in I believe 1971. Excellent recording!

(Click on the image)

royallancersguardnb4.th.jpg

The Royal Lancers , Wyandotte Michigan.

Not sure who sponsored them but we went in 75 and 76. I remember 75 there was a huge storm approaching and it got dramatically dark and scary as we began to play "Garden of Gethsemane" from JC Superstar.

The St. Clair Shores Vanguard were sponsired by a VFW Post right beside their practise house !!! :laugh::laugh:

side note: (I wunder if they ever got the fish smell out of their VFW post yet, from 1972 ) Long story. :music:

It BLUEWATER Buccaneers. In the years I marched not once were we ever called the Sarnia Buccanners.

Sorry, my mistake, I knew that. I have a snapshot of the Bucs I will put on when I figure out how.

I think the St. Clair Shores Vanguard was part of the VFW Bruce Post 1146. That's not far from me. Probably about the same distance as AL Post 187 in Royal Oak that was home for the Edison Lamplighters.