Larry Kerchner Question

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he does do alot of Alumni corps stuff. He'll be with us all weekend. He does a bunch of other Alumni corps as well

John,

Didn't you guys have a picture of Larry & Dennis from one of the camps on the alumni site? I would go look for it, but I unfortunately have to do some work sometime today... :P

I remember when I was first starting to follow DCI in the late 70s and I mentioned Larry had written some corps arrangement we were listening to and some kid in my high school band told me that it wasn't Larry Kerchner, it was DON KIRSCHNER, host of Don Kirschner's Rock Concert! :sshh: :tic:

Who wrote SOA 81 and 82? I now Ray Bumgart wrote 85, and Robert Smith was 86 and 87.

Gary Markham did parts of '82. I know he did "You are my sunshine."

Did Kerchner do the arrangement of "You are the sunshine of my life" from '81-82?

he also wrote the horn book for the bluecoats in 1991

You could call it that. What he actually did was convert a couple of tunes that were for sale from his (and Jay Dawson's) marching band publishing company at the time. Without much variation at all. I used to have the promo-discs with the marching band versions.

Nothing against the guy. I enjoyed 91. :)

You could call it that. What he actually did was convert a couple of tunes that were for sale from his (and Jay Dawson's) marching band publishing company at the time. Without much variation at all. I used to have the promo-discs with the marching band versions.

Nothing against the guy. I enjoyed 91. :)

He had the reputation for doing this during the 80's. I seem to remember something with Spirit of Atlanta's book in 84 perhaps? 94 Sky Ryders were planning on doing a retro show, with Home on the Range as the opener. They asked Kerchner to arrange the chart again, and he basically sent the 83 arrangement. This of course was before Sky Ryders went inactive in 94, only to never return :(