Kiwanis Kavaliers

Gahh...this stinks.

I hope KK comes back strong next year.

:(

Word.

I know a bunch of my friends (well... everyone else too) that were marching with KK have to be devastated... Especially so close to move in! :(

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word.

I know a bunch of my friends (well... everyone else too) that were marching with KK have to be devastated... Especially so close to move in! :(

That's the word for it. Devestated. It's easy to sour on drum corps when something like this happens, but I hope it doesn't sour the members...there's a place for every one of them to march. Corps need to open their doors specifically to these kids...get some outreach going. Heck, do it here on DCP.

I do hope that KK gets it going again...

From everything in the release, it does sound like the move to cancel tour was for the best. I think that can be a good thing; it shows that corps have been able to learn from the past, and can recognize danger when they find themselves in a difficult situation. It sounds like KK made a difficult, but hopefully a smart decision to avoid tour, in the hopes of coming back stronger than ever.

Best of luck, KK! If you need me to buy some souvenirs, I will. :)

* i put this same message in a diff topic but it belongs here. Sorry about that.

I am working hard to find a spot with a different div1 corp. I have spoke and taked to one corp and wrote a email to the dirctor about my situastion with kk and how i am looking for a new home. The corp i am talking to seems like they will let me fill a hole they are taking me in with open arms so far, i thank them for that. I sure hope i found a new home with them. Thanks for all the support DCP!

* i put this same message in a diff topic but it belongs here. Sorry about that.

I am working hard to find a spot with a different div1 corp. I have spoke and taked to one corp and wrote a email to the dirctor about my situastion with kk and how i am looking for a new home. The corp i am talking to seems like they will let me fill a hole they are taking me in with open arms so far, i thank them for that. I sure hope i found a new home with them. Thanks for all the support DCP!

Glad to hear it!

Best of luck to you ^OO^

It is indeed a sad day for the drum corps activity. However, I know how strong the Kavaliers are as an organization and that we will see them on the field in the future. Best wishes to Doug and Kavalier family on a productive summer of rebuilding. Looking forward to 2007.

I don't know if these spots are still open, but I'd contact Matt Stratton just to check.

From the Magic website:

The Magic has brass openings

in the following positions:

(As of Thursday April 27, 2006)

1 Trumpet

2 Baritones

1 Euphonium

More information can be found on the "Brass" page.

:( to see that Kiwanis will not be fielding a corps this year. Having spoken to Doug Darwin recently, I am supremely confident that he (and Kiwanis) will recover and come back stronger than ever. That being said, in addressing the poster that wondered aloud about Teal, I can speak for the corps and report that we are fielding a corps this year. In fact, at the risk of sounding a bit broad (intended) we are going to be touring with three (3) buses in 2006. Also, we would welcome the addition of KK members (Brass and Guard) at our next camp which will be held at Ocean Way Middle School (for directions go to www.tealsound.org ) in Jacksonville, Fl. If members have questions, or need to talk to someone at Teal, please contact Mike Butler (904-962-TEAL) or Dennis McWilliams (772-370-4524).

Dennis

Operations Director

Teal Sound Drum and Bugle Corps

2006- Pieces of a Dream

Edited by ruag8tr2

Wes,

Sorry KK didn't work out this season, but management did the best thing for the members and for the corps. I am so glad to have met you at camp. I know our paths will cross again...drum corps is a tight knit family!

Shane