BAC 99

What about the baton tosser from the 04 Cadets show? How many spins/revolutions was that?

Edited by triplefunk

What about the baton tosser from the 04 Cadets show? How many spins/revolutions was that?

As far as I know, you don't count rotations when spinning a baton. Also, in colorguard, a baton is considered a prop, not an actual piece of equipment...

• 16 years later...

'99 Boston was one of the great stories of the era. 15th in '98. Written off by almost everybody. Started slow but made a great charge at the end. When the first red uniforms reached the crest of the hill in Madison, the crowd started to erupt.   Boston had had some fine marching and playing groups in the early '90s (check out '93's brass line and the great Prime/Hannum writing), but never the total package. 

Howard Weinstein was the architect of '99's success and much of what Boston accomplished in the early to mid-2000s. Present day Boston owes him much and, I suspect, knows it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, musicteacher said:

'99 Boston was one of the great stories of the era. 15th in '98. Written off by almost everybody. Started slow but made a great charge at the end. When the first red uniforms reached the crest of the hill in Madison, the crowd started to erupt.   Boston had had some fine marching and playing groups in the early '90s (check out '93's brass line and the great Prime/Hannum writing), but never the total package. 

Howard Weinstein was the architect of '99's success and much of what Boston accomplished in the early to mid-2000s. Present day Boston owes him much and, I suspect, knows it.

I can say as a current MM that the effect Howard had on this organization has not been forgotten. We were lucky to bring him in during spring training to talk to the corps and I was fortunate enough to get to sit down with him for breakfast. We kept in touch throughout the season and the love he has for this organization is amazing. He is truly a Giant

• Like 1

BAC has been and continues to be a labor of love for literally thousands of people over 8 decades, and yes, Howard will always looked upon as an integral, essential cog in this wheel.  Everything happens for a reason!

• Like 2