Hello!

Feet

Hello all,

Thought I’d post up here and say hi. For the last 3 or 4 years I’ve posted now and again on DCP under an old account but for some reason it stopped letting me post so I’ve got a sparkly new account!

Hopefully a few more people might start using this International forum over the summer for some of the proper European drum corps discussions. They can’t seem to take place on our UK sites without descending into name calling, personal attacks and made up stories. I removed the UK forums from my favourites a month or so ago and now I’m officially transferred to DCP.

Anyway, a bit about me:

I joined the Senators Cadets unit back in 1989 after they leafleted all the local schools. Been there ever since. Graduated to the Main Corps in 1992 and have marched every year since then, all on Baritone apart from 2002 when I was Drum Major. I aged out last year (2005) after 17 years marching in the organisation. I now teach visual for the summer corps and winter drum line.

Went out to watch DCI Finals live in 1996 and then in 2001 I marched lead Euph with the Santa Clara Vanguard (yep, lead Euph - no Baritones that year - just marched 22 Euphoniums ^0^ ) Can’t really describe how good that year was, anything I’ve typed seems like an understatement so I’ve given up.

Went out again to watch in 2003, again in Orlando which I don't really like for Drum Corps but Mickey Mouse was a good way to convince the Mrs to come along. I’d love to get to DCI in Pasadena next summer and catch up with some of my SCV boys, but I don’t think I can convince my wife that we can afford it…

So that’s it really.

Cheers

Mark

Hello all,

Thought I’d post up here and say hi. For the last 3 or 4 years I’ve posted now and again on DCP under an old account but for some reason it stopped letting me post so I’ve got a sparkly new account!

Hopefully a few more people might start using this International forum over the summer for some of the proper European drum corps discussions. They can’t seem to take place on our UK sites without descending into name calling, personal attacks and made up stories. I removed the UK forums from my favourites a month or so ago and now I’m officially transferred to DCP.

Anyway, a bit about me:

I joined the Senators Cadets unit back in 1989 after they leafleted all the local schools. Been there ever since. Graduated to the Main Corps in 1992 and have marched every year since then, all on Baritone apart from 2002 when I was Drum Major. I aged out last year (2005) after 17 years marching in the organisation. I now teach visual for the summer corps and winter drum line.

Went out to watch DCI Finals live in 1996 and then in 2001 I marched lead Euph with the Santa Clara Vanguard (yep, lead Euph - no Baritones that year - just marched 22 Euphoniums ^0^ ) Can’t really describe how good that year was, anything I’ve typed seems like an understatement so I’ve given up.

Went out again to watch in 2003, again in Orlando which I don't really like for Drum Corps but Mickey Mouse was a good way to convince the Mrs to come along. I’d love to get to DCI in Pasadena next summer and catch up with some of my SCV boys, but I don’t think I can convince my wife that we can afford it…

So that’s it really.

Cheers

Mark

Welcome Mark!!

We're most happy to have you with us .... and hope that many other drum corps fans/fanatics find Drum Corps Planet.

Hopefully, you'll be successful in your efforts to attend the DCI show in Pasadena. Living here in SoCal - I can assure you it'll be a GREAT place to see drum corps next summer.

Kind regards,

-john

Welcome (back) to DCP, Mark!

Rich

Hello all,

Anyway, a bit about me:

So that’s it really.

Cheers

Mark

Welcome back to DCP, Mark.

Look around in the International forum here, I started a thread about you guys last year after finding a video clip of your Finals warm-up on Google Video. Very nice!

I'm hoping to give good coverage to the European drum corps scene on the Box Center podcast. I didn't cover the DCN opener, mainly because I haven't had a chance to do a show this week. Might change over the weekend but I make no promises.

Hey Feet,

hows it going?

Good to see you posting here again.

I've been knocking around for a while too!

Hope to see you guys around at some point this year, hopefully before we cross swords in Rotterdam!

Take care

Nick

Good thanks Nick - enjoying teaching now I've hung up the marching shoes. Managing to get some time off on the odd weekend as well which is a nice change! :)

Hopefully the Glassmen weekend in a few weeks will give everyone a chance to meet up. Looking forward to seeing Star and the rest of the corps there (and Glassmen of course).

Cheers

Feet

Welcome back to DCP, Mark.

Look around in the International forum here, I started a thread about you guys last year after finding a video clip of your Finals warm-up on Google Video. Very nice!

I'm hoping to give good coverage to the European drum corps scene on the Box Center podcast. I didn't cover the DCN opener, mainly because I haven't had a chance to do a show this week. Might change over the weekend but I make no promises.

Thanks Kevin. Glad you liked the clips of 2005. Hopefully at some point a media page will go up on the official site with some video of the show proper (with drill).

Mark

• 1 month later...

Goodday! Feet Welcome to DCP again.

feetspiritTerrance