Cascades Snareline on Mylar

flamdrag

Just got the word that Scades snareline is going with mylar heads this year. Has anyone had a chance to check them out or have any idea what brand of head they're using? The last decent mylar head I knew of was the Premier Marathon...but they were discontinued years ago. Regardless, I think its a gutsy move. Cant wait to hear how they sound in the ensemble.

Just got the word that Scades snareline is going with mylar heads this year. Has anyone had a chance to check them out or have any idea what brand of head they're using? The last decent mylar head I knew of was the Premier Marathon...but they were discontinued years ago. Regardless, I think its a gutsy move. Cant wait to hear how they sound in the ensemble.

I don't know about them, but ingsmen alumni is using Mylar, made by Remo, and they sound great! Easier on the hands and sound great too....hmmm, soon, just maybe, lines will go back to being technique driven again. :laugh: We shall see....

I don't know about them, but ingsmen alumni is using Mylar, made by Remo, and they sound great! Easier on the hands and sound great too....hmmm, soon, just maybe, lines will go back to being technique driven again. :laugh: We shall see....

Ive also heard that quite a few Cali HS groups are using mylar these days. I personally think its great. I just wonder how the judging community deals with such a wide variance in sound and technique from group to group.

Sounds good, if they can keep the heads from busting twice a day. I much prefer the fuller sounds of mid-80's Mylar lines over the modern "drumming on marble" ($2 to Fred Fennell) that we've got today.

men play on mylar. but there might be an issue with interpretation of the mylar sound through the ear, to some it might sound clean others dirty, just if a judge isnt used to hear the sound then it might not sound clean to him or something... just what i heard from a high authority figure at sc.

They'll spend 1/2 of rehearsal tuning. I miss the premeir marathon heads though. I've played on a powerstroke 77 before and it was the worst head I've ever played on. I felt horrible on my hands. The marathon heads felt great to play on.

Tuning issues, breaking heads, half of show warmup spent prepping drums....I love the sound of mylar, but these issues are hard to deal with.

And as for breaking heads, you need a few bucks to keep replacing them, not worth it.