Cavaliers post show clip (Music only)

I don't think it's necessarily a matter of opinion.

The Cavaliers have a monopoly on ensemble sound because they spent about 10x as much practice time as any other corps on the seriously basic ensemble fundamentals.

How many corps have you marched to help you come to this conclusion?

No offense, but this comes off as a horribly biased comment to me

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right... so wouldn't that mean that they would be able to play the same chord better than BD?

Dude, just come out and say that you hate The Cavaliers and BD rules all. I've looked at your posts man, and not once have I seen anything remotely positive about the Cavies. But I did find plenty about how BD does everything right. C'mon man... if you want to be critical that's one thing, but to go on and on about how everything about the Cavaliers is wrong isn't getting you anywhere. Obviously they are doing SOMETHING right. 5 out of 7 speaks for itself...

How many corps have you marched to help you come to this conclusion?

No offense, but this comes off as a horribly biased comment to me

None taken. It is a horribly biased comment.

But prove me wrong. I dare you.

My inability to prove you wrong does not prove you right. That's called the fallacy of appeal to ignorance! emoteng1010cs.gif

I have only marched in 2 drum corps, neither of which was the Cavaliers, so I lack the information to prove or disprove your statement. But have you honestly sat through many other drum corps rehearsals? It seems to me that you don't have enough information to come close to backing up a statement like that.

Edited by dbc03

10x huh? So you practice the basic fundamentals 5-10 hours a day. That's pretty intense. Come on. Even is a corps ONLY rehearses 15 minutes on fundamentals, which is hardly anything, The Cavaliers would be rehearsing 2 1/2 hours a day on pure brass fundamentals. You're lucky to even get a brass block that long on a show day.

I do find The Cavaliers quality of sound impressive, but come on. 10x as much rehearsal on fundamentals, they don't even come close.

I seem to remember spending quite a bit of time on brass fundamentals when I marched :wall: .....a lot in fact. We had a whole winter program devoted to nothing but. I'd say we did o.k. as a hornline when compared with other groups. Honestly, we're comparing apples to apples with the Cavies and BD hornlines. Both programs produce incredible sounds. I'm not one of those feel-good-everybody's-a-winner kind of guys, but I really enjoy listening to the Cavies play. I respect what they're doing over there, and while I have an admittedly pro-BD bias for obvious reasons, I consider the two programs on par with each other. Anyone who doesn't is just fooling themselves.

Clearly hyperbole loses its effect on the internet, much like sarcasm...I will avoid using it in the future.

I would say we probably spent at least 4 hours a day (this is on a rehearsal day) working on only fundamentals. And by fundamentals, I don't mean random Gino/Wayne lip slur #349. I mean the most basic of fundamentals.

Concert F. Lots of it, and nothing but it for quite a while.

Go watch a Cavalier horn arc one day. You will be bored out of your mind. Trust me.

#349 was one of my favorites! But I really preferred #348. It was just more fun than concert F! :P

Go watch a Cavalier horn arc one day. You will be bored out of your mind. Trust me.

I believe it, I've seen your encores! :P

Anyway, you are basing your argument of what other corps do based upon your experience with your corps. That's the flaw in your logic. Have you ever been taught by Gino or Wayne? If not then you don't know what goes on in their rehearsals

I believe it, I've seen your encores! :P

Anyway, you are basing your argument of what other corps do based upon your experience with your corps. That's the flaw in your logic. Have you ever been taught by Gino or Wayne? If not then you don't know what goes on in their rehearsals

Yes, because you have to in those hornlines to be able to see them rehearse. Riight.

I realize there is no way to prove that I am correct. I still stand by my argument, despite this.