SCV !

Geeze… this thread did go nowhere fast. Things can really get ugly quickly in some of these threads. I'll try to get it back on track to what I believe the intent of it was... I too am looking forward to SCV's show this year. I suspect last year was a fluke (I hope because it wasn’t my cup of tea) and that they will show the SCV resilience, which will put them back in the thick of it with the other I other top tier corps. They certainly had the talent on the field last year, but not the vehicle to go anywhere (IMO). Good luck SCV.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geeze… this thread did go nowhere fast. Things can really get ugly quickly in some of these threads. I'll try to get it back on track to what I believe the intent of it was... I too am looking forward to SCV's show this year. I suspect last year was a fluke (I hope because it wasn’t my cup of tea) and that they will show the SCV resilience, which will put them back in the thick of it with the other I other top tier corps. They certainly had the talent on the field last year, but not the vehicle to go anywhere (IMO). Good luck SCV.

Also dont forget, they had a rookie, and somewhat young, corps that year. Im sure that this year everyone will be more comfortable and have more vets around than last year. Same thing happend to VC. Lots of vets, myself included, either didn't come back or moved up to A corps which made them start from scratch. Im leaning towards last year being a fluke and this year being the rebound. Either way, I can't wait to see them perfom this year B)

Edited by sopchick_01

Nice! <**>

While you're at it, can you give me this weeks winning lottery numbers, who is going to win the WCWS, MCWS, the NBA title and take the Stanley Cup?

Somehow I doubt anyone would have cared if someone had said "SCV is going to win it all this year!"

Don't take predictions personally, even when they aren't in favor of a corps you like.

I'm looking foward to seeing SCV, Phantom, and a lot of other coprs!!! :)

I'll watch any corps that works their butts off to perform.

Everyone deserves an audience.

:rock::rock::blink:

Amen to that!

True.. but it was originally written as a ballet, I thought.. and what PR did with it last year was combine the music with another well-known Gershwin standard and create a show based on the ballet.

Stef

I've just read four websites about the piece to be sure of the following: "American in Paris" was simply a tone poem Gershwin wrote for orchestra...no ballet was ever intended. He conducted it in a New York City stadium in front of 15,000 people in the first stint he ever did as a conductor. I can easily imagine it, though, as being conceived as a ballet. It is so picturesque just with the music alone...it sounds like it SHOULD have movement to it. And that, I believe, is why Phantom's production was so successful. They added the movement and visuals one could almost hear in the music alone. They didn't get in the way...they let it evolve naturally and by the end of the season, it seemed the music had been composed specifically with that show in mind.

Somehow I doubt anyone would have cared if someone had said "SCV is going to win it all this year!"

Don't take predictions personally, even when they aren't in favor of a corps you like.

No, if this had been a Madison, Phantom, Cadet or "add your own corps here" thread I would've said the same thing. It's just bad form.

How can you base how a corps is going to finish by hearing them on video? And in May?? Besides, why say something negative in a thread meant to be a positive? If this had been an "SCV Is Hurting" thread, then more power to you (the general "you"). If you (again, the general "you") feel that way, start your own thread or just keep it to yourself (again...)

Edited by skajerk

COMPLETELY OT:

Randy, your avatar is killing me!!

/OT

Stef