Shoulder-mount baritone/euphonium

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The horns that are convertable are student-model instruments, and really aren't built for sound. They are also three valves, which is a pretty good giveaway that it's not going to be that great on a concert setting (not without a fourth valve, let alone a conpensating system).

Now, that being said, I know plenty of folks that use three-valve concert euphs for things like community band. It certainly will work, it's just not the best choice (but it's not the most expensive choice either).

As a marhcing horn, the lead-pipe adapters just aren't that well built. Even yamaha's older convertable tuba (with the horizontal valves) were not that well built for marhing, and had some pretty serious durability issues when it came to the lead-pip conversion system.

I'd probably still buy a bell-front marching horn, but that's just me.

That's good to know; I'll pass that along. Thanks :)

So (and I apologize for sounding like a jerk), I can take that as a yes, seeing that a shoulder-mount bari could be considered bell-front (yes, as far as stuff like this is concerned, I am that stupid, as we are just getting started :D)?

I've seen those things. They ain't a pretty thing to witness.