Marine DBC video clip

Nope. There's a picture of a three valve mello on the back of one of their CD's. I asked them about it one time and they said they were changing out all the two valve bugles for chromatics. Who cares....it's still G right?

I remember talking to one of them a few years ago, I think it was in Buffalo during DCI in 2001. I asked him if they'd go to 3 valves or even Bb's and he said they were sticking to 2 valves because then it's much more obvious to people about the uniquness of the drum and bugle corps. He said if it wasn't as unique as it was, then some government official might come say, "why are we funding this?".

It's a morning show and you're shocked the host is a dork? :P

He's no Matt Lauer.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clip from Foxnews show:

Great clip...........and editing......

I LOVE the Marine D&B Corps......they are awesome.......

Triple Forte

I actually thought that the people in those drum corps were actually active duty and not cadets at the academies. I remember Dennis Delucia talking about being in the Army Band at Westpoint as an enlisted man. Maybe the drum corps are different.

The academy drum corps are made up of members of the respective academies.... Cadets, Midshipmen, etc. The Army band at West Point is a professional musical group. And a great one, IMO.

An old drum corps buddy of mine is a percussionist with the Army band at West Point (known as the USMA Band). ...he's retiring this year after 21 years at West Point, and 30 years overall in the Army, all as a professional musician. Nice work if you can get it!

Fran

BTW, Brian Dix, the music director of the Marine D&B Corps, is a genius, IMO.

Fran

That was cool. They are the only military drum and bugle corps left right?

Not exactly. The Marine are the only branch with a paid Drum & Bugle Corps. However, the Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard do sport Drum & Bugle Corps at their academies. If I am not mistaken, they hold a competition each year between the military Drum & Bugle Corps.

I wunder how many of them marched in drum corps before ?? :lol::lol:

See anybody you know ? :lol:

I love seeing those guys and gals. ^OO^

What a great job !!

I saw a guy I marched Tarheel Sun with. We called him Hank Bay. He is on Bass 1.

• 1 month later...
Not exactly. The Marine are the only branch with a paid Drum & Bugle Corps. However, the Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard do sport Drum & Bugle Corps at their academies. If I am not mistaken, they hold a competition each year between the military Drum & Bugle Corps.

Thats right...the Interservice Academy Drum & Bugle Corps competition held each October on the weekend that NAVY beats, uhhh, I mean plays AIR FORCE in football.

It is judged by DCA judges, and NAVY TOOK IT ALL THIS YEAR....

It is an honor to write for and teach the Midshipmen....best gig of my life.

The competition is at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs this year, next year back at Annapolis.

See you there!!

Bob