• A high-quality 8 minute show
    • A rough, but complete 11 minute show
    • As long as all the music is there, I'm ok
  2. 2. Incomplete June shows in the last 3 years have

• Decreased
    • Are about as common
    • Increased
    • I've never attended a show in June or early July
  3. 3. If a show isn't finished, should you boo?

• It is rude to boo
    • Only if it's Blooing the Bluecoats

For all the hype about incomplete shows being accepted by paying fans, the survey says otherwise in what should be a sympathetic crowd...

It's about 50/50 actually, which given the population of DCP is not surprising to me at least.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant more that it seems that people want 11 minutes, however it is...

well.. considering we were talking about corps basically "having" their entire show.. but marching a portion and standing a portion.. that other option is kind of redundant..

But despite my always being right, I still love you anyway.. :worthy:

Stef

If the good Lord himself comes down to earth, and attends a June DCI show....He can demand perfection, as He is perfect.

Everyone else....get over it. (Or yourself.) These corps work tremendously hard. If it's not done, it's not done. Period.

Unless you are qualified to be on staff...are ON staff, ...and can succeed in teaching the complete show by Memorial Day...

then just accept what is presented, or don't go. Just don't snivel. :worthy:

I meant more that it seems that people want 11 minutes, however it is...

Heck, I want TWENTY minutes! THIRTY minutes of a show! :)

But I'll take what I can get, and as long as the kids keep busting their butts, I KNOW I'll get my money's worth every single time.

If the good Lord himself comes down to earth, and attends a June DCI show....He can demand perfection, as He is perfect.

Everyone else....get over it. (Or yourself.) These corps work tremendously hard. If it's not done, it's not done. Period.

Unless you are qualified to be on staff...are ON staff, ...and can succeed in teaching the complete show by Memorial Day...

then just accept what is presented, or don't go. Just don't snivel. :worthy:

We aren't talking a perfect show. We're talking having what was down on paper on field, warts and all. Is that to much to ask?

Just don't snivel. :ph34r:

Don't be a jackass. I think it's pretty clear that many of us would rather see 11 minutes of rough than a polished 8. He was expressing as much. Simply not sharing your opinion does not make anyone beneath you. Get over yourself.

Who said anything about booing? We're past that. This is a "We don't boo" thread. All we're talking about is to what degree corps should be responsible for putting a full 11 minutes out on Show Day 1.

well... you do mention it in the title of the thread.. people are bound to comment..

:D

Stef