The Cavaliers

if you can look me in the face, and tell me that last year wasn't a travesty to male guard members, I'd laugh back at you. Sure, they went with the show (sort of, at least,) but they were downright un-manly. Not that there's in anything wrong with that, BUT on an all guy guard (corps for that matter,) wouldn't it make sense to give them a somewhat masculine guard outfit?

and no... I really like them. No underhand about it. I just dont like last years.

~>conner

Laugh all you want kiddo, I actually thought they were great. I've seen far worse from other corps than last year.

People complained about the Spin Cycle Uniforms, some people complained about last years uniforms. Finally, we see a uniform that most people can't complain about, and I see you post what you did. It wasn't a horrible post, but I can tell that you just don't like the Cavaliers. That's okay; I see what your name is, so it explains a lot. I just don't see the need to rip on other corps.

Believe me, I've thought about it. Maybe that's why I don't have as many posts as others on here. I try to keep the negative down to a minimum!

And my "underhanded complement" comment was referring to THIS years' uniform, NOT last years. Just to clarify what were actually talking about.

Edited by jjeffeory

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laugh all you want kiddo, I actually thought they were great. I've seen far worse from other corps than last year.

People complained about the Spin Cycle Uniforms, some people complained about last years uniforms. Finally, we see a uniform that most people can't complain about, and I see you post what you did. It wasn't a horrible post, but I can tell that you just don't like the Cavaliers. That's okay; I see what your name is, so it explains a lot. I just don't see the need to rip on other corps.

Believe me, I've thought about it. Maybe that's why I don't have as many posts as others on here. I try to keep the negative down to a minimum!

And my "underhanded complement" comment was referring to THIS years' uniform, NOT last years. Just to clarify what were actually talking about.

I love The Cavaliers. Always have, always will. It's the guard uniform choices that I dont much like. I think I like them on even years, actually... I liked 2000, 02, 04, and now 06. Not a big fan of 99, 01, 03, or 05.

I like Phantom too... but this isn't football. I'm allowed to like two corps that are close to eachother.

Assumptions are a pain.

~>conner

I love The Cavaliers. Always have, always will. It's the guard uniform choices that I dont much like. I think I like them on even years, actually... I liked 2000, 02, 04, and now 06. Not a big fan of 99, 01, 03, or 05.

I like Phantom too... but this isn't football. I'm allowed to like two corps that are close to eachother.

Assumptions are a pain.

~>conner

Alright then! You know, I haven't liked all of my boys' guard uniforms, but I think this years edition is just great. I actually didn't care as much for 04. Go figure...

I didn't assume that you don't like The Cavaliers based solely on you sig. I've read many of your posts and came to that conclusion. I guess I haven't figured out your posting style yet. Sorry if I jumped on you!

I like Phantom too. Well, except for that one year I marched against them!

Peace

Edited by jjeffeory

A couple of people beat me to the Borg allusions. I mean really - check out my avatar.......

I think it will work very well with the theme - I like it.

Jim

What does X-men have to do with DCP trolls?

Alright then! You know, I haven't liked all of my boys' guard uniforms, but I think this years edition is just great. I actually didn't care as much for 04. Go figure...

I didn't assume that you don't like The Cavaliers based solely on you sig. I've read many of your posts and came to that conclusion. I guess I haven't figured out your posting style yet. Sorry if I jumped on you!

I like Phantom too. Well, except for that one year I marched against them!

Peace

no worries.

~>conner

Kusankusho's avatar is Star Trek.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

What does X-men have to do with DCP trolls?

Think Picard, not Xavier.

..though for a while there, I thought you were referring to the Crossmen, not the comic book heroes. :P

Spin equipment? Do dance troupes -- uh, I mean, guards -- do that anymore?

Actually yes, they do. Corps like Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Cadets, Vanguard, Bluecoats, Crown...and many others spin the ***** out of their equipment, and with great intensity and precision. Can you believe it ??

~G~