Southwind's new uniforms.

are yo usaying SW rolls in money?

*THIS IS NOT A SLAM ON SOUTHWIND DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS.*

I'm almost 100% positive SW isn't the corps that rolls in money. In fact, that's why they have been borrowing Broken Arrow's uniforms since 2004.

~>conner

Southwind is definitely not rolling in surplus cash... if you go to the website you'll see that they are raising money to buy a new bus... i rode it last year, trust me they need it... Mike just knows how to be wise with his money and provide the corps with the best experience possible. in other news I heard through the grape vine that southwind's equipment truck, which was solid white all last year... now has a sweet graphic on the side... so keep an eye out for that at shows.

And if you have some extra scratch throuw some SW's way so they can get a new bus... the one they are replacing they bought used in 1999 and its pretty much on its last leg.

Peace love and SDUB,

Steve Simpson

Euph 04 05

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are yo usaying SW rolls in money?

*THIS IS NOT A SLAM ON SOUTHWIND DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS.*

I'm almost 100% positive SW isn't the corps that rolls in money. In fact, that's why they have been borrowing Broken Arrow's uniforms since 2004.

~>conner

psst, I was being facetious because of corps somehow able to get new uniforms every couple years.

I like them also. Any colors the guard staff and design team decide to use will look great. It makes a nice pallet for them to work against.

I expected to see more respect from a Southwind alum. Southwind has certainly worked hard enough to deserve it. Tristan, I am very disappointed.

I don't see how he was disrespectful at all. :ph34r:

I expected to see more respect from a Southwind alum. Southwind has certainly worked hard enough to deserve it. Tristan, I am very disappointed.

Sarah Lenn

SW Support Staff 02-04

Umm... I think he was just agreeing that they were the same uniform as last year without a sash. I don't see how that is disrespectful.

Unexpected split from MDBCA? I was unaware that it was an unexpected split. It was openly discussed and noted for quite some time before they split.

The Capital Sound split was very unexpected, but the Southwind thing, that was not.

From what I saw, it was sort of in-between. I think a deadline had been established, but was basically ignored thus people were "surprised".

I really wish the program well, and respect Mike personally, but I have never seen an organization so oblivious to the little things that make people want to keep helping. The MDBCA relationship buffered SW's rough edges. When that went away, it hurt in more ways than just cash.

Wayne Ford