Capital Regiment

>> from the website <<

For those of you in and around the Columbus, Ohio area, Capital Regiment will be holding their first official dress rehearsal (including a full run-through!) on Saturday, June 17th at the Walnut Ridge HS Stadium at 8:00 PM. All parents and fans are encouraged to attend, and you can even come out a bit earlier to watch a bit prior to the full performance.

Additionally, on Sunday, June 18th, the corps will be performing in uniform at the Capital Regiment Centre at 4:00 PM prior to leaving that evening for tour. This will be your last chance to see the show live before the season begins for us next Saturday in Columbia, South Carolina.

Cool! This should be a treat! Too bad I'm 2000 miles a way, or I'd go see them. I hear they are a good bit ahead of where they were last year at this time.

Good luck Capital Regiment!!!

I've heard that not only are they further ahead, but that there are serveral surprises in store for this season. Stuff even I can't get more details on. Being this far away sucks.

I was lucky enough to be at rehearsal Tuesday night to see their first full run-through of the show. All I can say is "WOW." This show is a treat start to finish, and a BIG step up for the corps! Great writing, great staff, great administration and last, but not least – a great group of kids! Its shaping up to be a good summer for drum corps in general, and I think 2006 is going to be a big year for Capital Regiment!

I too got to see the corps Tuesday night and caught a run through this afternoon. Our school housed CR for a week of pre-tour last year and I agree that they are certainly ahead of where they were then.

It's is an enjoyable show with a lot of variety music wise. I really can't comment on the drill since I saw it from ground level, but the corps is rightfully excited that they have the entire show on the field. Last year at this time I think they were still just standing and playing the closer.

I don't get into making predictions...the experts (judges) and I seldom agree anyway. I will, however, say that CR keeps making steady progress and I think this year's group will continue that trend. They have an excellent group of instructors. It was a real treat to see Ralph Hardiman up on the tower and throwing out words of wisdom!! Having him and Jay Bocook writing their music is indeed "major league".

I've been very impressed with the CR drumline the past few seasons and the '06 edition could be their best one yet. They've got a large line with 10 snares, 5 tenors, 5 bass, and a big and active pit. The final third of the show really shows off the line. The book is certainly a demanding one and I really look forward to hearing what they do with it after a few weeks of touring.

There is a vocal ensemble for a portion of the closer that is used similar in nature to what the Bluecoats did last year. The ensemble, from the hornline, is positioned near the pit and are singing a "melodic chant" (for lack of a better decription), which is also being sung by the pit members and accompanied by a group of mellos. The pit also makes nice use of two full sets of Joia tubes.

The horn line appears to be larger than last year as does the guard. I certainly see improvement in both of these areas from over a year ago at this time as well.

If you're a drum corps fan and in Columbus tomorrow night go check them out. You won't be disappointed. I just wish they were going to be up at Toledo tomorrow night.

It sure is nice to have THREE division 1 corps within a couple of hours drive.

Good luck with your season CR.

In '03, they spent most of the summer learning the show, then scrapping parts of it and re-learning it.

In '04, we didn't have the closer drill on the field until July 5.

In '05, we didn't have the closer drill on the field until late June.

So the fact that they got all the drill and music on the field.... AND have a week plus a few days to clean it.... makes me happy. And a little jealous.

Good thing i'm only a 10 minute drive away. I can't wait to see their show. Very much looking foward towards another great Capital Regiment show.

I was there to watch Cap Reg do their full uniform run through tonight, and I must say I was very impressed all the way around with their performence. Very nice sound, right as I pulled in the parking lot I heard them warming up and my drum corps taste buds were instantly salivating. They have a full 130 members for the first time ever and they can put out some sound. Definetly a bump-up in difficulty with the music, and very entertaining throughout the show. Couldn't tell much drill, but there appeared to be much demand. Very very nice drum book. Guard seemed to have a good grasp on their stuff (I'm not much of a guard guy) Tonights teaser was such torture because I won't see another live performence until mid july. But look foward to another very entertaining Capital Regiment product, and a very well executed one as well. And their new unis are sweet.

Edited by stickman882002