Heat Wave Drum and Bugle Corps

***Heat Wave of Orlando Official Announcement***

After starting the 2006 DCA season with encouraging membership numbers, the Heat Wave Drum and Bugle corps must sadly withdraw from the regular season. This is primarily due to recent increased membership turnover as well as financial strains. We must also cancel our Music Under the Sun Competition on July 15, 2006.

Heat Wave plans on sending a mini corps the 2006 DCA Mini Corps Championships in Rochester, NY. We are also planning on performing at local parades and conventions during the summer and fall. It is our ultimate intention to re-field the corps for the 2007 season.

Thank you to all of our supporters. We will see you on the field again in 2007!

Yours musically,

JJ

Edited by John M. Johnson

sad to hear, but dont give up. There has to be people around orlando who could march next year!

Don't worry, Jeff. Nobody has any intention of giving up. We have a solid group of people looking towards the future and just did a very well received standstill at Night of Magic. This was very much a decision made with the long-term success and viability of the corps in mind, and not one of desperation.

After starting the 2006 DCA season with encouraging membership numbers, the Heat Wave Drum and Bugle corps must sadly withdraw from the regular season. This is primarily due to recent increased membership turnover as well as financial strains. We must also cancel our Music Under the Sun Competition on July 15, 2006.

Heat Wave plans on sending a mini corps the 2006 DCA Mini Corps Championships in Rochester, NY. We are also planning on performing at local parades and conventions during the summer and fall. It is our ultimate intention to re-field the corps for the 2007 season.

Yours musically,

JJ

JJ,

This is an announcement that we appreciate you sharing. I'm sure it hasn't been an easy decision. We wish Heat Wave the best of luck at DCA Minicorps and for '07.

GCS was so looking forward to competing in your show on July 15. Just know that when you turn things around, GCS will be there to support you 100%. See you in Rochester and on the field in 2007!

Yours musically,

JJ

Having been a big fan of Heatwave over the years,,I really feel for you guys.I

I am really excited though that you guys have chosen to do Mini corps this year.Can you give us more details about that?Is it going to be a standstill performance?Do you till need some numbers in the hornline?

I'm very, very sorry to hear this. Best of Luck getting back on the field again! Look forward to hearing your mini-corps' performance.

Sorry to hear this JJ. We were looking forward to competing against you this year. We will enjoy seeing your MiniCorps in Rochester though. Good luck for next year and know that your DCAS brethren at MCL will help in any way we can.

I am very sorry to hear this. Best of luck to a strong return in 07!

I hope those corps who had planned on participating in the Orlando show, can adjust their plans to participate in the Houston show one week later

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Like I said before, this decision did not come easily. But it was one made to insure the corps' longevity for years to come.

About our mini corps show:

We will be performing what we like to call, "A Preview to 2007", which is music from our Jazz Cubano show. There will be movement and in your face drum corps. Last Saturday the corps debuted at Poinciana High School at the annual "Night of Magic". Some of our toughest critics loved the show.

On a personal note, I will miss this season on the field. But with any reorganization, emotions are always affected. I am taking this time as a really long recruiting period :P