How did you start playing with a DCA Corps

You know the old saying .... 'its in your blood' well its true always wanted to be a Hurricane after seeing my first DCA show in '65' something about that Hurricane street beat got my attention ...... played wth the CT Alumni 94 joined hurcs in 96 never looked back although i retired in 04 from Hurcs im still playin my baritone for the Park City Pride and loving every minute of it ......Thank you Joe Gennero ....for telling me " Stick with it Kid " Go DCA rock on Hurricanes :blink:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 17...My father marched in The Caballeros before me it was just natural. I just haven't learned how to retire LOL

Mike Ryan

Cabs 1975-2006

• 1 month later...

I was in my junior year at Carlisle High School. Our drum instructor (Mark Gray) had played in Westshoremen's drumline in '89. Through him, Dan Delong saw our drumline at a band competition in Hershey, PA and asked Mark if myself and two other's would be interested in playing for the Westshoremen. The rest is history. I marched two awesome seasons before joining the military.