Info on Cadets Props

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got no problem with amps in the pit.

Singing for the first minute of the show, however... <**>

I think the point of the poster was that your initial post in a thread about the Cadets props is commentary on amps and mics...which is being discussed in a variety of other threads.

Props on the drum corps field can be very exciting (if they are integrated well and enhance the show design). I'm excited to see the Cadets and what they are bringing to the field....Figuratively and literally!

I have never cared for props. That's mostly because they usually look like the high school drama department made them. It will be interesting to see what they look like. We had some laser printed props last year that never made it into the show because of wind. They would have been IMO the greatest props ever on the field. I hope they look as nice as he is building them up for. Better than the cow and co. in 1996

I might be odd in that I actually prefer amped vocals to props! This sounds like it's going to a rather cluttered field, and that makes it hard to have an exciting visual book. And I live for exciting drill books. Heck, I thought the door got in their way last year, and limited what they could do drill-wise, I can't imagine what this is going to be like.

I might be odd in that I actually prefer amped vocals to props! This sounds like it's going to a rather cluttered field, and that makes it hard to have an exciting visual book. And I live for exciting drill books. Heck, I thought the door got in their way last year, and limited what they could do drill-wise, I can't imagine what this is going to be like.

I don't know about anything else, but the benches are only on the field while they are being used

I don't know about anything else, but the benches are only on the field while they are being used

Well, it's not as if the benches magically appear on the field and then disappear when their use is over. Part of the problem I had with them at Gettysburg is that the members are lugging them around during the show, transitioning from set to set. It did come off as very cluttered to me. I'm interested to see what difference the panels will make in perhaps masking that.

Edited by rut-roh

You would have thought that people would have learned from the Colts last year, with their giant postcards. Seemed like those were a huge hassle that might have not been worth it. I can't imagine what the Cadets need that is as big as these things.

I am always more willing to give Cadets props a chance than just about anyone else, I think it was 1995 that made me believe they can be used effectively (though, they often aren't used effectively by most marching bands or drum corps IMO)