Yardlines in Europe?

OK...you get to thinking about things (and drum corps) when you're bored at work, and I just thought of something.

With the Blue Devils and now the Glassmen going to Europe, do the fields they use and perform on over there have yard lines? I thought Europe uses the metric system. What is a yard to them? They would use meters. Do the corps have to mark the fields with yardlines? Is this a problem, or am I an idiot?

OK...you get to thinking about things (and drum corps) when you're bored at work, and I just thought of something.

With the Blue Devils and now the Glassmen going to Europe, do the fields they use and perform on over there have yard lines? I thought Europe uses the metric system. What is a yard to them? They would use meters. Do the corps have to mark the fields with yardlines? Is this a problem, or am I an idiot?

They use whatever DCI uses. soccer fields obviously don't have yard lines, but, DCE (Europe) uses the same guide lines as they do here. Drumcorps is Drumcorps.

Barry

(I marched with Jubal in Holland. By the way, check them out this summer. they will be on tour the last 3 weeks before finals. They kick ###!!!!)

Haha fun to read!

We use the same yardlines as in the USA for many years now (can't remember the time it was different, probably even wasn't)

And since this season the hashes are also on the size you use.

We paint the lines on soccerfields when we have a contest, and ofcourse also on our rehearsalfield.

I guess you young'uns need something more than a 50 yard line?

Canadians need two 50 yard lines :P

Well, since they don't play that much American Football over there, I would imagine that there aren't that many football fields over there. So, I think they would be using a completely different field over there.

not entirely true...

NFL-euro stadiums are scattered acrossed europe. They use metric yard lines.

maybe they'll have to pull a '96 Cadets.