Who will stall out and who will shoot up the rankings?

It happens most years....a corps will start off the season scoring high but then peaks and gets passed by many other corps. Another corps will start off the season with low scores but as the season progresses, they clean clean clean and before you know it, they have passed three or four corps who had been scoring ahead of them.

Who will it be this year...which corps are we seeing now that will stall...and which one will WOW us all in how they move up the rankings toward seasons end?

Well, I think Colts and Capital Regiment will have a surge. As far as stall goes - I'd say Blue Stars. I've read a couple reviews from people who comment on the simplicity in show design compared to many other Division 1 corps and the fact that the Blue Stars are already performing the show well. But who knows - the season has just started!

I think southwind will surge up... Their show is rediculously hard and there is a lot to clean. When it is all locked in... Southwind will be riding high.

As for peaking... I havent seen many shows but it'll be the ones that have over simplified shows that become clean and can't go any higher. Hopefully those corps add demand or they will get killed in the composition category.

Since I've been watching DCI ('95) Madison has had a history of being caught late in the season or ending up on the lower side of a neck and neck race.* Seems to me that if a corps has higher GE scores and lower performance scores earlier in the season, they have more room to grow. Adding GE elements can be hit or miss, but cleaning is pretty much cleaning. I'm glad Bloooo is hot out of the gates, but I am concerned about things peaking too soon.

*Not a flame, I love Madison's shows. :)

I seriously think that Spirit might be underscored recently....i think the 74 they had the other night was closer to their perforamance level in Power Springs. They seriously have a shot at Top 6 if they can clean the drill. Best hornline from them in YEARS, and the drill will work.

Percussion is smoking too. Check out the set player in the pit...Kid can throw DOWN!!

Great to hear, I am seeing Spirit this weekend. What did you think of the Baby Blue guard uniforms on the Blue corps proper? I've heard it screams too much BLUE - I make my decision this weekend!

I have heard at some point the corps will be in solid black uniforms....but that is far from confirmed.