Who will stall out and who will shoot up the rankings?

Even though I haven't seen any shows live, here are my opinions. Take them for what you will.

Movin on up:

Spirit (if last night was no aberation)

Bluecoats (might only be one placement, but #### are they good))

Crossmen (there is no way this corps will settle for not being in finals 2 consecutive years)

Colts (this years crop is just too talented to not make finals, I pray :) )

SCV (no brainer)

Movin on down:

Cadets (if Bluecoats pass them, it will be further than anyone thought)

Phantom (oddly enough, I predicted a 6th place finish for these guys and look where they are)

Crown (still early, but not looking good with Spirit's outta nowhere surge)

Madison (better fix that colorguard)

That's awesome that so many people are counting out the Regiment - everyone will just be that much more suprissed when it all comes together. =)

Still trying to figure out why people insist on comparing scores between shows (esspecially if they are pushing a week apart). I can understand comparing scores given by specific judges, but with all the fluctuation from panel to panel it just seems silly.

That's awesome that so many people are counting out the Regiment - everyone will just be that much more suprissed when it all comes together. =)

I would love to see them shoot up the rankings and win the whole thing. I wouldn't mind if they prove me wrong one bit. They're still a great corps regardless of where they finish in the standings. I think we should keep that in perspective with pretty much any corps. :)

Edited by dciguy01

Still trying to figure out why people insist on comparing scores between shows (esspecially if they are pushing a week apart). I can understand comparing scores given by specific judges, but with all the fluctuation from panel to panel it just seems silly.

I second that opinion. I am all for tracking a corps' progres throughout the season, but we won't REALLY know how they fall until the compete "head-to-head" at one of the super regionals.

That being said, go Bluecoats and go Cavaliers! :)

I think southwind will surge up... Their show is rediculously hard and there is a lot to clean. When it is all locked in... Southwind will be riding high.

As for peaking... I havent seen many shows but it'll be the ones that have over simplified shows that become clean and can't go any higher. Hopefully those corps add demand or they will get killed in the composition category.

Agreed. Few people probably even understand what they're attempting to do in their brass book this year (listen for battling reverse runs 'duality', dual tempo's, etc.) I don't know if they've taken on more than they can handle or not, but this book will score very well if they get it clean and insert their musicality. I think mid to late July they're likely to surge.

Even though I haven't seen any shows live, here are my opinions. Take them for what you will.

Movin on up:

Spirit (if last night was no aberation)

Bluecoats (might only be one placement, but #### are they good))

Crossmen (there is no way this corps will settle for not being in finals 2 consecutive years)

Colts (this years crop is just too talented to not make finals, I pray :) )

SCV (no brainer)

Movin on down:

Cadets (if Bluecoats pass them, it will be further than anyone thought)

Phantom (oddly enough, I predicted a 6th place finish for these guys and look where they are)

Crown (still early, but not looking good with Spirit's outta nowhere surge)

Madison (better fix that colorguard)

Probably a good call.

Just based on reviews so far, it seems we might see Cadets, Spirit, SCV, and maybe Crown will be moving up, while perhaps Phantom, Bluecoats, and maybe Madison to stall?