"That Being Said"

This really is not a big deal, but had to bring it up. It must be implied that including the phrase "that being said" in a DCP post or review adds credibility as it appears A LOT.

Does anyone else seem to notice? (or does it annoy me because my boss seems to say this a lot too?...she annoys me! :lol: )

This really is not a big deal, but had to bring it up. It must be implied that including the phrase "that being said" in a DCP post or review adds credibility as it appears A LOT.

Does anyone else seem to notice? (or does it annoy me because my boss seems to say this a lot too?...she annoys me! :lol: )

Probably both. With that being said, I don't know that it's really worth worrying about. "American" English is plagued with cliches.

Probably both. With that being said, I don't know that it's really worth worrying about. "American" English is plagued with cliches.

That being said, there's probably a better way of phrasing it so you get the idea across without the cliche. But not as fun... :P

Okay guys..."All said and done" I think it is time for me to go to bed! :)

heh...yes I've noticed that, too.

BUT, that being said, on the other hand, arguably, in other words, playing devils advocate, alternativly, in my opinion,

but if you look at it from another point of view, on the flipside, now to take it from the other side, from your point of view,

in YOUR opinion, conversely, counter to that train of thought, understandably, your point, IMHO ...

We all need a way to say "I understand your point of view, but I also feel ..." or "...but my opinion is..."

That's all that's REALLY being said when somebody says that. :P

Especially here where you can not hear their voice and the way something is being said...

That being said i have nothing else to say . But, Here is to the 12 way tie.

JB

That being said..... Hey Jeff, hope all is well and you are enjoying your summer!

well this was a fun thread. that being said, i'll move on