The Normal, IL, Lounge

Predictions  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win tonight's competition?

• Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...that being said (theres that phrase again)...

Elmo Blatch

:laugh:

I am settled in...lawn is mowed...Diet Coke on ice...headphones with PR Columbia APD playing and preparing for some scores. Contemplating going to Michigan City tomorrow night...but Bluecoats will not be there.

Any predictions as to the spread between Blue Stars and Capitol Regiment, and who will be on top? I'm HOPING for Blue Stars by 1.5.

:laugh:

I am settled in...lawn is mowed...Diet Coke on ice...headphones with PR Columbia APD playing and preparing for some scores. Contemplating going to Michigan City tomorrow night...but Bluecoats will not be there.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that 'Coats won't be there. According to the website, as well as DCI.org they will. I was planning on driving over from the city but my friends are trying to coax me into Taste of Chicago instead.

Edited by midwesternlull

You know what really bums me out these days... is that shows don't have really big upsets like they used to have back.... way back... but even in the 90's. I don't recall any big upsets in the 2000's. There were small surprises here and there...but it seems like corps lag behind, and then they overtake certain corps and stay that way. Back in the 90's, it would seem that anyone *could* win this show.... well, Cavaliers, Bluecoats, and Scouts. I know people talk a lot about slotting....but what if it's about super WRITING that causes this? I don't know why it is, honestly. I do see a big different between the sophistication in shows between say....the Cavaliers and the Bluecoats. It's not as big a gap as it was three years ago, but it's still a gap.

I dunno... I really do want the Cavaliers to win tonight, and I predict they will. But wasn't there a time when no one really knew who the winner would be until the winner was announced? I dunno... Was there?

Edited by SFsmack