Former Staff - of a DCI corps - Check

Former Member - Check

Current member - of a DCA corps - Check

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be fascinated to find out how many people could fill in 3 or more of those. Anybody out there who is marching senior corps, has a kid in a corps, and was formerly a member of a junior corps, for example?

This year is my 53 year with the activity.

1953-56 Miami Vanguard

1957-58 Harvey Seed Sr Corps (I was 15 when I marched with them, got this Sr. Corps disqualified in Atlantic City in 1957)

1959 Lead Baritone Miami Crusaders-9th at A>L> Championship in Minneapolis

1960-1973 The Cavaliers-First Baritone, Personel manager, Corps manager. I was Don Warrens second at first DCI meeting and ran the first Combine West Show-Wheeling,Il

1961-1962 Baritone VFW National Individual Champion

1976-1979 Corps Director and one of founders of Spirit of Atlanta

1991-1993 Executiive Director Spirit of Atlanta

2002-Operations Director Spirit JSU

I haven't missed a championship since 1956. Toured as a volunteer with Cavaliers last season for 3 weeks. So I have done a little bit of everything

Wow, talk about involved. An honor to meet you. Thanks to you two for posting. Talk about an emphatic "yes" to my question. :blink:

Always good to meet someone else in activity.

Finally decided to check this site out, mainly check out DCI, Cavaliers Sites for info.

Some of these polls just kill me.

First, it would be nice to vote for more than one. After all, I think most of us are fans or we would not be on here in the first place. Can I be a fan and also a board member? can I be a fan and also a staff member? "I'm on staff, but NOT a fan." "Good for you, Bill. I am on the board for xyz corps, but I can't stand this activity." Or better yet, "I just hand around DCP for the chicks, but I am not a fan."

I think the person who posted this took it into cosideration that some could fall into numerous categories. I think that's why the poll asks which best describes you. Anyway, no reason to ridicule somebody over a poll, right? :P

I'd be fascinated to find out how many people could fill in 3 or more of those. Anybody out there who is marching senior corps, has a kid in a corps, and was formerly a member of a junior corps, for example?

I'm a fan, a former member, former staff and a parent of 2 former members.

This year is my 53 year with the activity.

1953-56 Miami Vanguard

1957-58 Harvey Seed Sr Corps (I was 15 when I marched with them, got this Sr. Corps disqualified in Atlantic City in 1957)

1959 Lead Baritone Miami Crusaders-9th at A>L> Championship in Minneapolis

1960-1973 The Cavaliers-First Baritone, Personel manager, Corps manager. I was Don Warrens second at first DCI meeting and ran the first Combine West Show-Wheeling,Il

1961-1962 Baritone VFW National Individual Champion

1976-1979 Corps Director and one of founders of Spirit of Atlanta

1991-1993 Executiive Director Spirit of Atlanta

2002-Operations Director Spirit JSU

I haven't missed a championship since 1956. Toured as a volunteer with Cavaliers last season for 3 weeks. So I have done a little bit of everything

I would just like to say "thank you" for helping us out in 1979. Our two corps really did depend on each other a lot during that summer to CA. B)

In spite of the training that I received 21 years ago (oh my god, it's been 21 years!!!!!!!!!!), I'm still around, and brass players even sometimes still listen to me....

:P

Edited by BbTrpt1