Sounds of Minnesota: MBI home show

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just strange that we are competing after the second week in July. We use to complete our season after DeKalb. Now it's DCA in Minnesota in August. It's going to be a hoot.

I hope it doesn't snow.

Your road trip is only a couple of miles longer than ours. :P

Too bad you guys cant bring some Wataburgers and Shiner Bock with ya.

Who says we won't? ;) (although I hate Whataburger) Shiner...and St. Arnold. Gotta buy some coolers...

DCA Central Corps in Competition:

Zurah Shriners

b**bs That'd be cool! Any corps that has a fez in their uniform gets bonus points with me!

Actually, yes they do compete. But only with other Shriner musical organilzations.

It's just strange that we are competing after the second week in July. We use to complete our season after DeKalb. Now it's DCA in Minnesota in August. It's going to be a hoot.

I hope it doesn't snow.

Yes! DCA is the new Second Season!

GET THEM SOMEONE TO COMPETE WITH THEN!

GET THEM SOMEONE TO COMPETE WITH THEN!

I wonder if the Shriner musical competitions are inclusive of all musical groups or if it's separated into genre.

Basically, my question is this: Could we bring in the Shriner Steel Drum Band? Or are there other Shriner corps out there that we could bring in? Fritz, where are you with an answer for me?

(Actually, with the Shriners being the 8th corps, these two DCA-Central shows are the biggest shows in Minnesota according to corps attendance. Amber, I hope that DCA-C is promoting the #### out of these shows... Drum corps in August is kind of a new thing for Minnesota. Get the word out! Drum corps fans in our area need to see DCA!)

I heart the Shriners corps. They're always entertaining. Always fun. The tassles on their drumsticks are cool. And they're the 2001 International Shriner Drum Corps Champions. How cool is that?

Edited by CallipygianKing

Who says we won't? ;) (although I hate Whataburger) Shiner...and St. Arnold. Gotta buy some coolers...

:rock:

Dave:

Maybe you and Chris can't remember White Castles or Kewpie's...Frank's right, man!

Whataburgers are so much better than those. I told my niece there at NTSU about them before she moved there last summer.

I agree with Smoothy...It could SNOW!! :P

This is going to rock - big time! ^OO^

Pat

Don't forget about the big party at Patricks. Everyone needs to stop at the drum corps bar at least once on a MN tour.

:rock:

I agree with Smoothy...It could SNOW!! :P

One could only hope B)

FYI, if you haven't been to So. St. Paul (aka 'Cowtown') the stadium, while not very large has a great elevation change. It's grandstand is built into the side of a hill with the field being significantly below the school and field house. The main part of the grandstand is concrete, so the sound comes back really well. This will be a fun show, even if it's not under the lights.

The corps entrance will be quite memorable for everyone performing, if we use the entrance traditionally used for marching band season. It is a tunnel under the road that is about 150 ft. long and is built from culvert tubing. Can't wait to see everyone there.