The Blue Devils ride Amtrak

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing...equipment trucks with all the pit equipment and large instruments, souvie trucks....good thing this isn't the Cadets, would be tough to get all those large props I keep hearing about this far.

The Cadets equipment is going by containership!

I don't get this thread.

Its a happening, a first for drumcorps! and perhaps a trial run for corps heading west to the rose bowl next year if it works out !! Possibly a harbinger of long distance drum corps travel, and we are getting a play by play.. keep up the reports

Their trucks and staff buses are driving, and meeting them there. I don't think they are full of staff and crew people though. The luggage was loaded onto Devil's Food in Newbury Park and it left from there. Their air mattresses/sleeping stuff was loaded onto the support staff bus at DVC and it left from there. The kids had to pack a small bag for three days of train living. They stayed in a hotel last night in Sacramento, and walked to the train station this morning.

Much like last year, when their trucks and staff buses met them when they returned from Europe. Their entourage will meet them in Iowa.

There. Is that 'splained clear enough now? :P

gumby - I'll let you know if there was a movie shown. If the cell phone gets answered. :D

Seriously, Between Cadets,BAC,Crossmen,Crown,Bloo,along with Surf ,Spartans, ECJ and others an entire train could be filled. The rolling stock crosses the country on flat cars in about 50 hours, much the same as the container trains.

There may not be enough westward migration shows to handle everyone, so a junction point could be arranged!

No blown bus engines on Rattlesnake flats , No flats in groundhog gulch!

not to mention the wear and tear on all of the rolling stock. Not having to arrange and pay for housing sites alon the way would be another plus. Fuel , food and other transport costs savings could possibly make a westward trip of this nature feasible? especially for the smaller corps!

Edited by bluehull