You had to be there.

Anyone who was there remembers this from 98 finals night.

Madison was about ready to take the field...The crowd was poised to go nuts...Scouts were about ready to come on with the fleur-de-lis...everyone was ready. All that is except for the grounds crew, who decided it would be a great time to go re-mark the 50 yard line as two straight lines of Scouts started closing in from either endzone, everyone started thinking, "he's not going to get out of the way!!" He didn't know what was about to hit him, so the Scouts had to make some quick adjustments to get that trademark move pulled off. The guy got booed off the field. Just remebering a classic drum corps moment that you probably won't ever see on dvd.

HAHA I remember that guy being out there, but I don't remember the fleur having to adjust...maybe I took a potty break or something...

That whole episode is kind of indicative of the whole Orlando experience -- seems like no one there really knows what this is about. And that's why fans like Finals in Madison so much -- the town knows who we are and celebrates our arrival! (Well, the bars do...)

This is wrong, we did not have to adjust the Fleur De Lis as we did not hit one until the first note of our fanfare. We came on teh field in 2 company fronts and then folded into a tower for our warm-up, then back into 2 straight lines.

So the jag off only messed up our straight lines.

What's worse about that mishap was they tried to edit it for the telecast and basically

you heard the crowd booing while Rondo says "That noise can only mean one thing...

The Madison Scouts are on the field" as if the crowd were booing the Scouts

instead of the field lining guy!

I loved 98 madison alots.

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

What's worse about that mishap was they tried to edit it for the telecast and basically

you heard the crowd booing while Rondo says "That noise can only mean one thing...

The Madison Scouts are on the field" as if the crowd were booing the Scouts

instead of the field lining guy!

Haha I used to wonder about that....now it all becomes clear!

Is that as good as Crossmen Melissa's airplane banner thingy several years ago?

ughh... No, Crossmen Melissa Airplane in 2001 was 10 times worse. I saw the airplane incident live, I didn't see the 98 finals live, but that plane was buzzing around for at least half Madison's show, from what I can remember. All that happened in 98 was that coming onto the field was a little messed up, but nothing happened during the show itself.

Edited by madscout96

I remember that happening. Nothing you do in rehearsal really prepares you for something like that. From what I remember it was on side 1 of the field and I could tell when we stepped off that the guy wasnt going to make it, and the company front would have to "auto correct" for his presence on the field.

If you remember also in 99, the company front coming on to the field was jacked up too. The stadium was sooo loud we couldnt hear the commands given by the DM. I think a staff member who was trying to help us, was trying to mimic the commands of the DM, and subsequently I think some members took off to soon, and again, the company front had to "auto correct" while we came on to the field.

Good times...hopefully we can get that right for the Alumni Corps. :)

I imagine it will be loud when we take the field.

Edited by mrshowfan