If this was a rule

Z, you forgot Nisei Ambassadors.

Off topic, but wasn't membership in Nisei Ambassadors originally restricted to those of Japanese-American descent?? :ph34r:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Texas has had drum corps before. If I'm not mistaken Sky Ryders called Texas home for a while.

I wish they did when I marched (aged out in 88, and they moved in 90). I had to drive for 8+ hours from Texas to Hutch for camps. After they moved to Desoto, the drive was like 30 to 40 minutes.

Grew up in the Dayton, OH area and did march in the closest corps at the time-- Pride of Cincinnati Class of 1984. That was the last year of DCI competition for them. Who knew they would grow into such an amazing World Class WGI caliber guard? Things Ain't What They Used To Be!

No effect for me either. My corps was based about five miles from me.

One thought however. If you live in an area where there is no corps activity, what about starting one?

No effect for me either. My corps was based about five miles from me.

One thought however. If you live in an area where there is no corps activity, what about starting one?

Well I was 10 when I joined drum corps. I think starting a corps would have been tough at that age. :P

It would have meant marching the Finleville Royal Crusaders and finishing 15, 21, 0, and 17, instead of 4,2,2, and 2.

Daaaang! What a BAD choice I made

RM - can I get a "do over?"

ampssuck

Well I was 10 when I joined drum corps. I think starting a corps would have been tough at that age. :P

Agreed, but there must be adults out there today with the time, expertise and drive to do it. OK, it could be a hard, frustrating slog but the rewards can make it all worthwhile.

I drove (when I was old enough-during my 4th year marching) almost 2 miles to the closest corps- Troopers. About 115 out of 127 kids did the same. That certainly has changed. An import was a tiny minority.

Wouldn't have marched anywhere else. Since I don't think Blue Knights were active back then, the closest may have been one of the California corps.

In my time, there were 5 different corps to march in in Kitchener/Waterloo alone... which one do you choose?