Imagine This If You Can

DO ALUMNI CORPS fall under either DCA or DCI umbrella !!

Just because the current corps is under DCI rules, does that make it manditory that the ALUMNI CORPS does as well ? B)

By your own definition at the start of this thread, YES.

DCI would not want to train judges in two different ways of judging. Or hire twice as many judges. One half for juniors, other half for seniors. That's just too expensive.

Which means it would be up to the corps to compete in a level very similar to junior corps of today. Thus, DCI would force changes and alumni corps would really only be alumni corps in name. But not in memory.

Edited by apoch003

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO ALUMNI CORPS fall under either DCA or DCI umbrella !!

Nope and to clear up what I think is apoch003s confusion. The only connection between DCA and Alumni corps is that DCA chooses to host an Alumni show Sunday morning DCA weekend. It was a dream of Micky Petrone to showcase the Alumnis.

Went to my first Alumni Spectacular last year and it is a blast. Have everything from stand still concerts to full field shows.

Edit: apoch003 posted while I was typing. The Alumni shows are not judged.

Edit (again): Remembered the tic system comments :P Now we have four sets of judging standards to choose from. DCI (tic/not tic) and DCA (tic/not tic) systems?

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

You're missing the point of the thread, Jim. If there were a DCA championship, it would HAVE TO BE JUDGED.

You know something, it would be an injustice to have a show like this judged.

Would it be more exciting to have the corps just do exhibitions. Afterall, how can there be a clear winner if something like this were to actually happen ??

Just imagine.... :blink:

You're missing the point of the thread, Jim. If there were a DCA championship, it would HAVE TO BE JUDGED.

Think we're seeing it two different ways so I'll wait for ODBC to explain.

Heh - 5 sets of judging standards as the Erie Thunderbirds also marched in the RCA (small Sr circuit) which had their own set of rules.

Think we're seeing it two different ways so I'll wait for ODBC to explain.

Heh - 5 sets of judging standards as the Erie Thunderbirds also marched in the RCA (small Sr circuit) which had their own set of rules.

The original intent of this thread was to imagine the feeling of being at a show where all these fine ALUMNI corps would do some of their old music and marching moves that made them fan favorites and champions.

Ah! But you CALLED it a Finals night (which means competition). And you placed it in the DCI arena by "if DCI had a finals night for alumni corps". And finally, you gave any money raked in to DCI.

Which all states that it falls onto DCI to make the rules.

Edited by apoch003

It's fun to think of the POSSIBILITY of an annual DCI Alumni show on Finals weekend. Twelve corps, each about the size of Two-seven's reunion corps or this year's Scouts Alumni...Incredible! The other ten corps I would add are: SCV, BD, Troopers,Spirit, Crossmen, Phantom, Anaheim, Muchachos, VK, and of course...the Bridgemen! Imagine all these corps playing their "Greatest Hits."

...and now, back to reality. I think DCI would frown upon such a show. Why? Because when the attendance figures were tallied, they would dwarf the numbers for Finals attendance. And we just couldn't have that, now could we? b**bs