Oregon Crusaders are Smokin'

Congratulations to Mike Leone, Bill Perkins, the staff and performers of the Oregon Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps. Their level of execution, both musically and visually, is leaps and bounds above anything we've seen from Oregon in recent memory. Last night's show in Salem was fantastic and Friday night in Portland should be even better. The drumline (and the bass line in particular) is smokin' and the colorguard and brass lines are all well ahead of last year. Given the jump in caliber, I'm excited to see this program continue to grow and mature. It's great to see this program continue to grow, and I can't wait to catch it again tomorrow.

Congratulations to Mike Leone, Bill Perkins, the staff and performers of the Oregon Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps. Their level of execution, both musically and visually, is leaps and bounds above anything we've seen from Oregon in recent memory. Last night's show in Salem was fantastic and Friday night in Portland should be even better. The drumline (and the bass line in particular) is smokin' and the colorguard and brass lines are all well ahead of last year. Given the jump in caliber, I'm excited to see this program continue to grow and mature. It's great to see this program continue to grow, and I can't wait to catch it again tomorrow.

Good for OC!!! I've always enjoyed and appreciated their shows!!

Must I always have to hear something about OC?? I mean, almost every thread is about them. SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH. OC this...OC that... :worthy:

:P :P :P

Ryan, that was sooooo 2005ish. :P

I was at their show on Friday, and I thought they sounded excellent. I had seem them last year, and this show blows that show away. The percussion sounds great (watch out for that bassline), and the horns are doing very well. I think they should pretty much get into the Top 5, maybe even Top 3?

I can't believe nobody mentioned that OC has a new chuck wagon, and the cooks are smokin. (and I don't mean wacky tobacky)

The show is progressing nicely as we get some rehersal time in today before we hit Boise tonight, and then fly home for a couple weeks of clean, clean, and more cleaning.

We are looking forward to meeting some of the Div. II corps on our next leg of the tour.

Ryan, that was sooooo 2005ish. :P

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah...back when I wrote their drill with crayon???

:P :P :P

HEY I ANNOUNCED YOUR NAME AT THE BELLFLOWER SHOW!!

I'm hijacking this thread aren't I???

Bad me...

It majorily looks like OC once again has very good momentum on their side. I think things will get particularly interesting and start to heat up...once they finally get to go head to head with Academy. I know you guys will do well. I'm rooting for all PNW Corps. Another exciting summer this year.

Zeke, you'll get your wish Saturday, July 29th, at Glendale (AZ) Comm Col as OC will meet up with ACADEMY for the first time since their get-together last July 16th in Denver's "Drums Along The Rockies". OC & ACADEMY should cause quite a stir in the Div. II Mix in Madison this year.

Cheers!