Stands in Allentown

Just an FYI, the 2006 Crossmen Program Coordinator John Milauskas marched in the Cadets and is currently the band director at Towson State.

Maybe next year John M. could get YEA into the Towson Stadium. The stadium at Westminster was not high enough and also with a family of 5, we ended up only purchasing the General Addmision for a total of $75.00 and sat on the 25 yardline.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should forward this info on to George Hopkins and/or to YEA.org. I agree the stadium was to low. I am really bumbed out about DCI East in Allentown this year, because the area we sat in for the past 20 some years are condemned and I ended up getting seats (from DCI) in row 5, and not my choice. I am not real happy about that since I purchased my tickets in November 2005.

Sounds like DCI East should find a better venue? And yes..i am fully aware of the tradition of Allentown folks. However, even Yankee Stadium is gonna be gone soon, and the Cowboys signed T.O. (a player who insulted the very tradition of the franchise when he was a 49er)....so I don't buy the tradition argument. People pay good money to see DCI and deserve a venue where they get what they pay for (especially a show like DCI East)

Peace!

Westminster, and Bristol also had less than expected crowds.

~G~

i do wonder if this also has something to do with gas prices. i know that has been a very big part of my decision process as to what shows i will and will not attend this year. i'm sure i can't be the only person this makes a difference to.

Westminster was very close for me. The show was also well attended.

Overall, Westminster has a very nice facility. But the stadium is very long but low. I can't help think that the new Towson University stadium, just north of Baltimore, or the Naval Academy stadium in Annapolis would be higher and better for drum corps.

Many years ago ther was a contest held at Towson and it always sold out. Not sure what happen to the show but it was a pretty good place to watch a show.

The show here in Columbia, SC had a big crowd. Maybe the best one I've seen since 2000. For some reason every few years they move it from Irmo high stadium (which is similar to a small college stadium) to another high school in the area which doesn't offer the best viewing but the crowds are getting bigger none the less. It may have to do with Crown's success now that I think of it---being the hometown corps to us.

if more people would have showed up to Westminster - where would they have sat? It was pretty crowded!!

Allentown on the other hand was depressingly sparse... time to pull that plug once and for all - I am so sick of driving in PA anyway.

with both Cadets and Crossmen technically being based out of Allentown it would be shame to see that completely gone from the schedule.