Cadets Changes

What ?? Then who would you sling hash for ??? b**bs

~G~

I would much rather 'sling hash' than sling mud

You make it out that I am bad for being a volunteer...maybe you should try working a corps' cook truck for a while...your perspective on the activity might be different.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant judge a corps show based on a video,...period

SEE IT LIVE

No...if he doesn't like vocals in drum corps, if HIS PERSONAL TASTES state that vocals ruin a show, he's not going to enjoy it any more in person than he will from a video. The fact that he wants a program made purely marching and music, and this is not one, will not change upon seeing it live.

Edited by Hrothgar15

you cant judge a corps show based on a video,...period

SEE IT LIVE

So I can't listen to a new opera and decide I don't like it because I haven't seen in live? I can't get the new Pearl Jam CD and love it even though I have never seen them live? No, you cannot JUDGE a drum corps performance based on a video or audio. I'm not arguing against the fact that the Cadets will (and should) contend for the title this year. I am stating my opinion that the vocals are stupid and sophomoric (in design and execution) and I don't like it.

We all know the Cadets are full of big talent - they have great brass, percussion, and guard. I am certain they will, and should, make top 3 at finals. Of course. I'm not arguing execution here, I'm arguing design.

Edited by gellio

So I can't listen to a new opera and decide I don't like it because I haven't seen in live? I can't get the new Pearl Jam CD and love it even though I have never seen them live? No, you cannot JUDGE a drum corps performance based on a video or audio. I'm not arguing against the fact that the Cadets will (and should) contend for the title this year. I am stating my opinion that the vocals are stupid and sophomoric (in design and execution) and I don't like it.

I love how on DCP there are clearly two sides...the people who make sense and the people who don't, and this man is clearly part of the former.

Edited by Hrothgar15

No...if he doesn't like vocals in drum corps, if HIS PERSONAL TASTES state that vocals ruin a show, he's not going to enjoy it any more in person than he will from a video. The fact that he wants a program made purely marching and music, and this is not one, will not change upon seeing it live.

You're right! I had never seen a drum corps show before I marched Jr. Scouts in 1984. My step-dad had been involved with the activity for a long time, and I wanted to play trumpet - so I did it. I remember the first show and being in complete and total awe after seeing Madison and Phantom. My stepdad said, "and these two were 4th and 5th last year!" I still remember the first time I saw any non-midwestern powerhouses - at DCI Midwest. I still remember being in complete and total awe over Santa Clara and Garfield. Unbelievable! Those were still two of the biggest goosebump moments of my life. The Cadets history is filled with a string of amazing shows - wonderful designed and spectacularly performed. I just don't like the turn they have taken. Believe me, if the Cadets were the Cadets of 1984-1998, I would be in the Cadet-borg! I did like 2001 a lot too. That was a GREAT show - great music, great drill, great guard! Loved it!

The Cadets history is filled with a string of amazing shows - wonderful designed and spectacularly performed. I just don't like the turn they have taken.

Welcome to my world.

By the way, your 1988 and 1989 shows are spectacular. 1989 could be the most underrated show in DCI history. It's almost NEVER mentioned. Make His Praise Glorious...there' just nothing like it. What a chart. And you can't go wrong with Slaughter. You guys tried something new in '89 with gospel music--certainly not Latin or jazz by any definition of the words. But you brought back a Madison classic to assure that you were still THE MADISON SCOUTS. Oh, and Three Blind Mice. That was cool too.

If all you need are Microphones, Singers and a whole ton of props to be the show of the Decade......hmmmm I guess with that and a large surplus of money any corp could get that vote. We wont have to judge corps on Drill Design or Individual performance levels we can just have one caption "CORP WITH THE MOST MONEY SPENT ON CRAP". Then do the victory tour on Bradway. IMHO <**>

OMG, LOL...and they call me harsh ??? b**bs Oh well, he has a right to his opinion and it doesnt make him better or worse than anyone else here !!

~G~

this is one show you have to see live...too much going on for a video (or web cam) to catch.

I did, three times, its hot dog time for me from now on......I can always pop a tape in of Kelly Clarkson if I really want to see a singer sing.

Or a video tape of a mid eighties winteguard using propeller heads if I want to revisit that "gem" too...

~G~