7) Madison 78. 1

8) Colts 75.1

9) Crossmen 74.2

10) Blue Stars 72.4

11) Capital Reg 70.7

12) Southwind 68.6

13) Pioneer 66.4

14) The Magic 63.9

Could be a swing between Glassmen and Crown. If Glassmen set the bar with GE (especially following Colts), Crown could have a tough time keeping up.

Madison has the worst draw considering those corps scoring ability around them. Will be just a matter of the tolerance set by judges as to how far they think they need to react (under or over). The decision is what space to leave between them and the Colts. I expect that race to tighten just a bit because of show dynamics.

Crossmen have a horrible draw, going on before intermission. Score will be conservative, with Cap Reg in no danger of passing them. Colts will have to deal with intermission, and an audience that just settled their stomachs after a stadium food run.

Cadets go on early enough, and there is enough plausibility in the argument that there is room for growth, that they could get beaten by Bluecoats tonight. . . yet. . . based on early season APD, Bluecoats better have taken care of programming business, because Cadets usually get the nod in drums and GE.

Best performing corps wins tonight. Blue Devils.

Cavailers take visual.

No decisions made here tonight -- too early to send messages -- and key players not here, specifically SCV, Phantom and Spirit. Boston will be in middle of the 6 - 9 pack, and is in no danger of dropping out or moving up into contention.

Yippee -- have fun in that echo chamber otherwise known as the RCA Dome -- you can all tell the next generation the same thing we all told our students and children about Montreal in 81 and 82. . . OH MY HEAD!!!!!

^0^ :sshh: ^0^

I'm not a betting man, but if I were to bet tonight, I'd bet on the Cavaliers, over the Blue Devils, by a quarter of a point or less. I would like to see BC pass Cadets, don't think it'll happen. I really, really want the Coats to prove me wrong.

Also, go Glassmen!

I agree that the big question mark is how the break for Bluecoats will affect them. Sometimes a free day is what you need, as a member, to rejuvenate your body and mind. However, other times it can make you rusty. It's always a toss-up.

That said:

July 4th parades + Free Day + 2 practice days + RCA EchoDome = 4th for Blue tonight.

I still expect them to potentially jump or, at least, seriously challenge Cadets for 3rd by Finals. I see the top 2 set already, unfortunately...

A nod over Cadets this year means serious respect next year.

Bloo will win soon. B)

LET'S GO BLOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That said:

..... + Free Day + 2 practice days.....

Certain "things" can make those practice days after a free day pretty rough. ^0^

Any estimates as to when we'll get the scores from tonight?

My two cents...

1) Cavaliers - 86.3

2) Blue Devils - 86.0

3) BlueCoats - 85.4

4) Cadets - 85.3

5) Crown - 81.1

6) Madison - 80.5

7) Glassmen - 79.8

8) Colts -75.3

9) Crossmen - 74.5

9) Blue Stars - 74.5

11) Capital Reg - 71.0

12) Southwind - 68.8

13) Pioneer - 65.0

14) Magic - 64.6

I still expect them to potentially jump or, at least, seriously challenge Cadets for 3rd by Finals. I see the top 2 set already, unfortunately...

Bloo will win soon. B)

LET'S GO BLOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh brother... :P you will grow to regret that statement imo

and btw Cadets had parades, a free day and two practice days also... but they did shake off a few cobwebs last night with an iffy outing