DANI, NO!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, am I the only person who thinks the staff is out of line to "add" to a show like this? I didn't think I was nitpicking at ridiculous things here.

I think it's out of line, too.

But not nearly as out of line as at Finals in 2002 when they had the firetruck pull out of the fire station adjacent to Camp Randall Stadium with siren blazing, just as they introduced the cheesy firefighter scene at the end of their show.

THAT elevated tacky to a new level, IMO

Dani is the name of the girl who played the school girl in last years Cadets.

i guess they just kept the name for their character this year instead of everyone calling her the schoolgir.

Thanks - I haven't seen the Cadets show if a few years. Just reading the post was confusing! :worthy:

Can you support Cadets without busting on Regiment? I don't think you can. <**>

I rarely support Cadets, so I hope you're not implying I'm some kind of borg. Phantom's the only top 5 corps I have seen that I can compare Cadets to, and they're simply blowing Phantom out of the water (although perhaps not according to the judges). I'm not going to tone down my opinion just to make a Phantom fan feel better about themselves. It has nothing to do with the members - they're performing what they've been given well. Their show just isn't very well designed.

Edited by TSRTS13

I rarely support Cadets, so I hope you're not implying I'm some kind of borg. Phantom's the only top 5 corps I have seen that I can compare Cadets to, and they're simply blowing Phantom out of the water (although perhaps not according to the judges). It has nothing to do with the members - they're performing what they've been given well. Their show just isn't very well designed.

:lol:

No, I'm implying that the thread isn't about Phantom Regiment. And you seem to have a thing against Regiment, so I figure I'd be helpful and bring it up. If you want to bash Regiment, how about starting a thread for it? Then I can ignore your comments about Regiment's show being poorly designed, because clearly I don't agree with that at all.

I don't care enough to imply anything about you, personally.

I'm not going to tone down my opinion just to make a Phantom fan feel better about themselves.

Oooh, a snotty retort.

Nope, you're going to completely ignore that the thread is about Cadets and make a fool out of yourself by implying that Phantom Regiment or I care what you think.

You clearly think highly of your opinion. Good for you. Thanks for playing. :worthy:

I think it's out of line, too.

But not nearly as out of line as at Finals in 2002 when they had the firetruck pull out of the fire station adjacent to Camp Randall Stadium with siren blazing, just as they introduced the cheesy firefighter scene at the end of their show.

THAT elevated tacky to a new level, IMO

oh brother!

Cheesy and tacky, eh? rude and obnoxious, no?

:lol:

No, I'm implying that the thread isn't about Phantom Regiment. And you seem to have a thing against Regiment, so I figure I'd be helpful and bring it up. If you want to bash Regiment, how about starting a thread for it? Then I can ignore your comments about Regiment's show being poorly designed, because clearly I don't agree with that at all.

Oooh, a snotty retort.

Nope, you're going to completely ignore that the thread is about Cadets and make a fool out of yourself by implying that Phantom Regiment or I care what you think.

You clearly think highly of your opinion. Good for you. Thanks for playing. :worthy:

The irony meter has hit new levels.

:wink:

Oooh, a snotty retort.

You clearly think highly of your opinion. Good for you. Thanks for playing. :wink:

Ok. I'm glad we've established a new DCP rule that comparing two corps in a discussion is not allowed. I'll try to remember that in the future.

And next time someone brings up the crowd response Phantom has been getting in comparison to Cadets, I'll make sure not to respond with another comparison between the two corps and instead point out how comparisons aren't allowed in threads about one corps. Thanks for your help and understanding.

I'm confused. And not trying to stir up the pot here -- but is Dani the name of the MEMBER or the name of the CHARACTER??

Last year both were named Dani.

This year the character is named Dani, but the member is named Katie Hopkins :P

Edited by dbc03

:wink:

Oooh, a snotty retort.

You clearly think highly of your opinion. Good for you. Thanks for playing. :wink:

That's funny. Plenty of people have no problem with turning threads that have nothing to do with amps into full out amps wars (some even tried with this one). Are you really so sensitive about PRs show that you avoid reading any negative views of it? If so you should thank God you aren't a Cadets fan :P

PS - I didn't like PRs show either, and I had no idea what was going on in the story for the most part.