I wouldn't be upset if.....

Well technically, the Cadets would get 2nd...

Im pretty sure when two corps have tied for a championship, the next best corps got 3rd place. So...if 22 corps tie for 1st, the odd corps out would get 23rd.

Edited by Lancerman07

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure when two corps have tied for a championship, the next best corps got 3rd place. So...if 22 corps tie for 1st, the odd corps out would get 23rd.

You are correct, I apologize.

But being the Cadets...they would say they were 2nd...lol.

Man you guys here on DCP are some real jokesters. Coming up with an original and hilarious way to yet again slam Cadets' 2006 show.... I haven't laughed so hard in months. Great one.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the following corps won this year:

Cavies

BD

Cadets

I would be ###### if any other corps won because I don't think any of the other corps have anywhere near as good of a quality design as those three. Phantom could, but they still have a ton of issues they need to fix and a ton of rewrites to do. I'd be pumped to see Bluecoats medal, and I guess I wouldn't mind if they won with a better program than anyone else, but I don't see that happening.

Edited by Malambo13

Man you guys here on DCP are some real jokesters. Coming up with an original and hilarious way to yet again slam Cadets' 2006 show.... I haven't laughed so hard in months. Great one.

Not our fault the Cadets put together a show that should have Crow and Tom Servo in the lower-right-hand corner.

I wouldn't be upset if....

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment

Bluecoats

Santa Clara Vanguard

Carolina Crown

Blue Knights

Boston Crusaders

Madison Scouts

Glassmen

Spirit from JSU

Colts

Crossmen

Pacific Crest

Capital Regiment

Blue Stars

Mandarins

Southwind

Esperanza

The Magic

Seattle Cascades

or

Pioneer

...won DCI Finals in Madison

I agree whole heartedly!

Yes

100%

Actually, that wasn't meant to just slam the Cadets, it's honestly how I feel. I was at Indy on Saturday, and I can honestly say of the 16.5 performances I saw (I got there about 5 minutes late), the Cadets performance was the only one that I didn't enjoy. When I go to see a drum corps, I expect to hear music and see marching. Nothing more, nothing less. It's one thing for some corps (Blue Stars, Crossmen, etc) to have some narration or Crossmen's radio commentary, but when watching the Cadets' show I was so distracted by all of the random stuff that shouldnt be there (IMO) I couldnt enjoy good old music and marching. When I specifically tried to put blinders on and block out all the characters/props/singing/ect. the music and drill and drum breaks were neat. But I don't want to have to work on blocking stuff out to enjoy a show. And I'm afraid if the Cadets win, it will only encourage more of this stuff in the future, so I'm hoping they finish 4th or 5th and they stop doing what they've done the past couple years, because I've loved some recent Cadet shows (00, 03) and want to see more of that. So nothing against the members or anyone else, just for the sake of getting this stuff out of drum corps, I don't want to see them win. If you want to classify that as Cadet bashing, go ahead, but I'm not bashing the Cadets, I'm bashing drum corps shows that are meant to draw your attention away from the actual corps, and forces you to focus on 4 color guard members, props, and a singer.

Would you be upset if they all tied? :)

In 22nd place, which is actually a tie for first, in alphabetical order..........

Would also be totally cool if the tiebreaker system still somehow determined a 22 way tie still. B)

Not our fault the Cadets put together a show that should have Crow and Tom Servo in the lower-right-hand corner.

hahahhahahahaha. That brings back some memories!

It seems as if the old wine adage from the 80's and 90's is fitting.

"A.B.C." (which for wine stood for Anything But Chardonnay)

but in this case

"Anything But Cadets".

I actually didn't mind their show. I will be posting my review shortly.

I wouldn't be upset if Dutch Boy won.....