I wouldn't be upset if.....

...but when watching the Cadets' show I was so distracted by all of the random stuff that shouldnt be there (IMO) I couldnt enjoy good old music and marching...

I agree. During their show there was just too much going on. I don't even think they would have to lose all of it, but if they cut the singing, the dialogue, and the backdrops (none of these added much to the show, IMO), it would be a lot easier to focus on the rest of the corps.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be upset if

SCV

Cavies

BD

Bluecoats

Crown

Crusaders

Glassmen

Crossmen

Blue Knights

Spirit

Colts

Scouts

Capital Regiment

Southwind

Mandarins

Magic

Seattle Cascades

Pacific Crest

Esperanza

Pioneer

Blue Stars

won DCI

I wouldn't be upset if anyone won or lost. Won't make any real difference in my life.

I WOULD be very pleased to see Cavaliers win - and from what I've seen, I plan on being very pleased the evening of Aug 12. :P

I wouldn't be upset if the corps with the best show design and/or the best execution won DCI.

Class A 15 Aug 1979

1 Black Watch (NJ) 63.850

2 Stardusters 63.300

3 Conquistadors 59.550

4 Fitchburg Kingsmen 56.450

5 Geneseo Knights 55.650

6 Golden Knights 54.050

7 Buckeye State Caballaros 54.000

8 Amvet Brigadiers 53.250

9 Spartans (WA) 50.250

10 Vaqueros 43.200

11 Madison Junior Scouts 42.700

12 Bleu Raeders 40.450

13 Fantasia III 40.000

14 Memorial Lancers 38.050

15 Kiltie Kadets 35.700

16 Sundowners 35.000

17 Flying Dutchmen 22.350

18 Iron Cross 12.050

I'm thinkin' Iron Cross will take it all in August. Brass sound was a little spotty that day back in August of 79 but they have been working on it.

ps: my old corps, the Cranford Patriots were competing in that show under their new name; Fantasia III, and managed a 40.00.

Edited by patrickzampetti

Class A 15 Aug 1979

18 Iron Cross 12.050

I'm thinkin' Iron Cross will take it all in August. Brass sound was a little spotty that day back in August of 79 but they have been working on it.

I hear Iron Cross's visual program is nothing short of amazing this year. At the beginning when the ask "Is your corps ready?" they submerge a member into a water tank where he remains until the final gun. I just couldn't understand why it was a different member each show? hmmm

Just wondering on a serious note though, since the tick system was used in 79, and supposedly each corps started with a value of 100, how could you possibly lose 87.95 points in 10 minutes? Wouldn't that be 879 ticks? Something seems a little odd there.

But back on topic, if Iron Cross would win this year, I too would not be upset.

I hear Iron Cross's visual program is nothing short of amazing this year. At the beginning when the ask "Is your corps ready?" they submerge a member into a water tank where he remains until the final gun. I just couldn't understand why it was a different member each show? hmmm

Just wondering on a serious note though, since the tick system was used in 79, and supposedly each corps started with a value of 100, how could you possibly lose 87.95 points in 10 minutes? Wouldn't that be 879 ticks? Something seems a little odd there.

But back on topic, if Iron Cross would win this year, I too would not be upset.

It wasn't just ticks - there was still GE, "exposure to error" etc being evaluated.

But with a hurting line - it's amazing how quickly those ticks add up.

I wouldnt be upset if

BD

Cavies

Phantom

SCV

Madison

Crown

Glassmen

Blue Stars won.

Edited by bd euph some day

I wouldn't be upset if

a meteor fell on Hop's bus and he died a slow painful death because he is the epitome of all that is wrong with Drum Corps and Sylvester died too and Gino lived but went back to SCV and all the Cadets caught dysentery from a tainted jar of peanut butter and couldn't perform and therefore

The Cavaliers or Devs or Phantom or Madison

won at finals.

slobber

GO BIG GREEN/blue/greenandyellow/whiteandblack MACHINE

slobber drool