I want the Freelancers back!

Man, I marched back in the mid to late 80's with the Freelancers, and I just really miss them. I went through the folding of 86', and I came back and marched in 87'. I'm glad they have a winter drumline, but does anybody out there know if the corps will ever come back?

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I marched back in the mid to late 80's with the Freelancers, and I just really miss them. I went through the folding of 86', and I came back and marched in 87'. I'm glad they have a winter drumline, but does anybody out there know if the corps will ever come back?

Thanks

Agreed. And Sky Ryders, VK, Suncoast, Star... (and on, and on...) Wishful thinking.

Pat, is that you???

It doesnt look hopeful for a full corps comeback, in the near future or ever for that point.

The corps is still in a world of financial hurt, and can barely keep the winter drumline in tact. All of the equipment and vehicles have been sold off (years ago). And the BINGO game isnt making nearly enough money. In fact, I was very surpirsed to learn that there are still some board members making a nice chunk of change off of the BINGO despite there being no marching unit.

Needless to say, I would say 1994 was thelast we will ever see of the Freelancers in DCI.

Edited by Newseditor44

It's me dude....what's up? That is so sad....Where's everybody at out there? Have there been attempts to bring the corps back? I hear your frustration on board members making money off bingo, so who are they?

Good to hear from another Freelancers alum, dude....

And what happened to the snare king comment?????

Edited by jsualumnus

It's me dude....what's up? That is so sad....Where's everybody at out there? Have there been attempts to bring the corps back? I hear your frustration on board members making money off bingo, so who are they?

Good to hear from another Freelancers alum, dude....

And what happened to the snare king comment?????

Hey Pat, didn't you march next to Lance Delgado from 21 Jump Street? (inside joke, had to be there!)

As for bringing the corps back, I do not believe there have been any attempts to bring the corps back. The corps ran into serious financial problems with the IRS, and from what I have been told, was never able to rebound. The powers that be have been very happy with the winter drumline. Uncle Don still runs the show, and various alumni help out from time to time.

I see the Zimny's every now and then, Niether looks like they have aged in 20 years. I have not seen a Freelancer Jacket in years. I tried putting together a Freelancer Alumni website, but it got very lukewarm repsonse, so I let it go. It seems that when the corps broke up for the last time, the heart and soul of the corps broke up as well. I think 1994 was the final chapter.

You need to talk to some of our folks in RCR. We have a few Freelancer alumni. Plus, we're always looking to add new people to our corps. :)