Fairfield OH Show Discussion Thread

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown is clean, but I don't know if this show can make it to top 6...they are good though, Van Doren hornline!

PR, Ave Maria is awesome....loved every second of it.

Bluecoats are the real deal....for all you brass and percussion folk out there, if/when you see this show if you don't have a better appreciation for color guard there is something wrong. They are flat out entertaining.

DW

Perhaps from your vantage point Crown looked clean, but I saw numerous spacing issues and forms where the front-to-back or diagonal lines were noticeably less than true. There were also a couple exposed moments where the playing was not as precise and "together" as it coulda shoulda been. Otherwise, I couldn't agree more! :)

It will indeed be a very interesting countdown to Madison. B)

It could be that the grass at fairfield isn't cut over the summer (or at least it seems that way...)

Oh wait... Push through the grass using good technique!!! err something like that.

Grass height did not seem to be an issue last night - the green stuff looked to be pretty well trimmed down to good "marching" specs. Now there was some discoloration midfield (needing more moisture and/or seeding), as many HS football fields are wont to have, but that should have had minimal effect.

Gorgo, I checked out your profile here on DCP, and realized I was sitting right behind you last night! I was the guy in the white tshirt with the multicolored design of a coral reef (turtles, fish etc). We coulda met and talked! Maybe next time.

Wow, Jim, I remember the shirt - that woulda been cool! Maybe next year at Fairfield or at Harrison if the Marion Glory Cadets organization gets their collective act together to host that show again. :)

Perhaps from your vantage point Crown looked clean, but I saw numerous spacing issues and forms where the front-to-back or diagonal lines were noticeably less than true. There were also a couple exposed moments where the playing was not as precise and "together" as it coulda shoulda been. Otherwise, I couldn't agree more! :)

It will indeed be a very interesting countdown to Madison. B)

I agree that Crown did have some spacing issues, as they did in Indy and Rockford. I think once they get cleaned up, they will be beating Phantom in visual. Their drill is just absolutely amazing this year, with awesome music to boot. Totally blows their last 2 years out of the water in my opinion. I think by season end they will be beating Phantom.