Capital Regiment 73.90

Southwind 68.35

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are from the show website

I kind of wished Crown would be closer. As high as that score is for Blooo, you'd think they could send a little inflation Crown's way.

ACtually, most of the corps here didn't really see their score increase. Cap Reg got another point and a half, but Glassmen stayed steady, as did Southwind. Did Bloo just get that much better?

OK just got home. . . actual scores from tonight. . .

6. Southwind 68.35

5. Cap Reg 73.9

4. Glassmen 77.85

3. Crown 81.1

2. Phantom 84.35

1. Bluecoats 85.35

An amazing show - thoroughly entertaining and exciting at the same time.

Some impressions. . .

SW - Best show I've seen from Lex-Town yet - nice visuals, good solid playing, needs some visual and musical cleaning but overall a solid semi-final show.

CapReg - I like the new unis, but the guard unis were a bit weird. Nice musical book - the visuals could use a bit more oomph in design and execution, but overall an enjoyable show - another solid semi-final show methinks.

Glassmen - By far the most accessible, least esoteric show I've seen come out of Toledo. Very entertaining show, Beethoven works great on the field - I found my self drawn in to the Moonlight Sonata arrangement, and the just plain fun of the sedate waltz of the Diabelli Variations. Nice job guard!

Crown - OMG I love this guard! :beer: Hornline playing its most ambitious music book and marching the most ambitious visual book I've seen from Fort Mills. This can be a top six show if they clean up the music and the visuals.

Phantom - OMG I love this music book! Hornline plays the bejeebus out of it. The guard was exquisitely integrated into the musical progression of the Faust tale. The Ave Maria brought me to unashamed tears. Fantastic show, one that will be top five for sure. Just needs some cleaning visually and musically. The drumline is KILLER!! Best I've ever heard from Rockford.

Bluecoats - Clean music + clean visuals = winning show, and they deserved it tonight. The finest hornline balance I have ever heard from Canton. Very nice dynamic contrasts and visuals throughout, a beautifully played show!! Great guard work as well!!

Tonight's scores put Crown in the top 6.

I kind of wished Crown would be closer. As high as that score is for Blooo, you'd think they could send a little inflation Crown's way.

ACtually, most of the corps here didn't really see their score increase. Cap Reg got another point and a half, but Glassmen stayed steady, as did Southwind. Did Bloo just get that much better?

Well, they had rehearsal days 5 of the last 6 days, so I would guess that they really did get that much better. There's lots of talent and very efficient rehearsal this year.

Now - let's have fun watching Cadets, Bloo and PR fight it out for third or higher - this is gonna be one heckuva finish this season, and I can't wait!! B)

I do not like the Fairfield Venue... I've marched on that field too many times.. let's see.. my HS played them every year... so that's at least 2, then like 4 years of corps there... so 6 shows. And every time the field sucked. :(

They need some turf, especially since they keep hosting drum corps shows.. IMO - this show was much better in the University of Cincinnati stadium.

YES! YES! YES! I marched on it in 03 and remembered it instantly when I walked into the gate tonight. It was a well run show with great staff, but the stadium is lowsy. We had to take a bus from the high school where we parked to the stadium. UC Marching Band helps out, so they should try to get the show there. No one was occupying it tonight b/c I went there after the show. I wrote a suggestion for it on the comment cards as well...