I'm actually starting to like the Cadets' show.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are WAY to many people starting to enjoy the Cadets show...haters...come out of the woodwork please. This topic needs to quickly go over to the dark side...I cannot take another pro Cadets thread.

We could spend several pages bashing the "Queen of Hearts" costume (and/or the dancer's weight).

I can see it now....."Ladies and Gentlemen, now on the feild, from some town any state.....Hoppy's Fighting Flutes"!

From a design point of view, the transition from the opener to drum solo and the drum solo to the ballad are some of the best deigned moments I've seen.

Agreed

That was the strength of last years show as well and has been the strength of the Cavaliers since 01. The transition between pieces is seamless. It really helps to keep the show flowing. I think audiences are well trained these days and appreciate the approach to transitioning between two different pieces of music. The Cadets and Cavaliers have shown a strong understanding and ability to transition well. Thus this has lead to the overall general effect of the shows. I like it because it doesn't have that cookie cutter feeling.

HOLY drum line. I love the transition between the drum feature to the ballad and then the drum line feature out of the ballad into the closer. That is pretty SWEEEEEET! :rock:

I also feel that this years show from the APD is excellent. However I saw the show live in Rockford and I was a bit disappointed. I felt the show was really dirty and could use major rewrites to contend for a title, or top 3. That being said the music, to my ears, is much more difficult than some other corps scoring ahead of them. The visual aspect of the show, drill wise, is strong again, but perhaps not as strong as last years show. All in all this show could contend if it removed some of the silly vocals and decide what the show is going to be about. Is it Alice in wonderland, or the zone part 2? I don't know and I don't think the judges do as well.

Best of luck Cadets :)

We could spend several pages bashing the "Queen of Hearts" costume (and/or the dancer's weight).

She is a little on the "heffer" side, but there is nothing wrong with her red pleather underwear that she wears... ^0^

I was all prepared to hate this show, and I have to say I didn't HATE it. There's actually some good stuff in there. So I guess that's kind of a backhanded compliment.

Well its always a little fun to secretly hate something, but when the Cadets are good their good. They just have some fluff that needs to be removed from the show ASAP.

It's hard to believe in a corps that steps off on its right foot. Sorry, but it's LEFT.

The show has many great moments, visually, this is the best field coverage and guard integration they have had in a while. Brass is solid and percussion is outstanding as usual. Pretty much what I said in my review of the show. The problems, for me, are with the amount of singing, the quality of singing, the distraction from the singing, the idea that "history repeating" is being touted as innovative. The characters and their costuming. Their bantering during the drum solo. The uniforms, and their lack of focal points. Simple and to the point. APD's and videos dont cut it. Catch it live a few times...you'll get the picture. Or you'll love it.......

~G~

Agreed

I love the transition between the drum feature to the ballad and then the drum line feature out of the ballad into the closer. That is pretty SWEEEEEET!

That portion of the show might be the best moment in this year's series of APDs. It's like you're whisked away to another world for a few minutes when the ballad emerges from the drums. And the ballad is so beautiful! Much better than last year's ballad for me!

me too, at first i was like wth, i hate this, but then i kept listening to it, and now its one of my favorites, call me crazy, but im starting to reaaaally like the drum feature. I think in the end this will be a really great show

Ok - this has gone far enough.

Mods - please close this thread!