passion of shostakovich part 2

i remember a band in texas, i forgot their name, they were all white, and they did niagra falls exact same drill and everything, they performed veeeery well, i think its good for other people to enjoy these shows who might not know what dci is.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

changing instrumentation is easy enough to do...but he didn't re-arrange the music...he changed which instruments played it...which doesn't invalidate my point you responded to, which was in response to someone else saying that Phantom ripped Shostakovich...which remains, incorrect.

Changing the instruments that played it is the defination of an arrangement...

ALSO phantom did rip shostakocich, I dont have a problem with it but they did. Any arrangement is a rip...That is how the composer would feel . The only difference is the arranger from phantom is alive and shostakovich is not

I saw a rival marching band in 2004 perform the Cadets 2000 show... And now this... I have nothing to say about the actual performance, but come on. Every note? Really? and the drum feature? ampssuck

Good grief. I am tired of all the highschool marching band bashing that goes on around here. Do you even realize how pompous you sound? Get over yourselves, as someone else said earlier. I would have loved in highschool to have a show to perform that mimicked a drumcorps. People say "Drumcorps is supposed to be the innovator, and the trendsetter in the highschool marching world, not the other way around." And then, when a highschool mimics a drumcorps, people bash them. I'm angry that people feel like they can insult these bands just because they don't like flutes, or whatever. Have a little maturity, for goodness sakes.

Good grief. I am tired of all the highschool marching band bashing that goes on around here. Do you even realize how pompous you sound? Get over yourselves, as someone else said earlier. I would have loved in highschool to have a show to perform that mimicked a drumcorps. People say "Drumcorps is supposed to be the innovator, and the trendsetter in the highschool marching world, not the other way around." And then, when a highschool mimics a drumcorps, people bash them. I'm angry that people feel like they can insult these bands just because they don't like flutes, or whatever. Have a little maturity, for goodness sakes.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Just as I've been saying for the past couple of years around here. It is by far the worst thing about this board.

Get over yourselves, folks. You are not that cool.

my band did phantom of the opera last year and we did the vanguard triangle does that mean we were insulting the vanguard no and its hard to find shows not done by a drum corp for example my band has done westside story , tommy , played malaguena, and phantom of the opera . honestly our band director tries to find music that fits our band its just most of the time a corps has doneit our show this year is magical mystery tour and my director has decided to use a drill move from the crusaders so if you dont aprove of it you need to take into mind that these kids are the future of drum corps