passion of shostakovich part 2

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when high school ####s copy drum corps shows. It shows a lack of imagination, and also makes the show seem that much more pathetic. That's even a close copy of Phantom's old unis (worn during the early 90's, but not 1996).

Let #### be ####, and drum corps be drum corps.

:spit:

By the way, for all you purists on here, I edited out The Word. :P

So many bands did Scheherazade in 2005

So many bands did Scheherazade in 2005

I doubt that the bands had almost identical drumbreaks/corps wear (sort of) and semi-identical arrangments.

~>conner

that's nearly a rip of the entire show...including, arrangement, uni's, and (at least) certain drill moves.

I saw this from a high angle only first, and thought...hmmm...not bad for a marching band...the up-close angles make me want to vomit.

I hate it when high school ####s copy drum corps shows. It shows a lack of imagination, and also makes the show seem that much more pathetic. That's even a close copy of Phantom's old unis (worn during the early 90's, but not 1996).

Let #### be ####, and drum corps be drum corps.

:spit:

By the way, for all you purists on here, I edited out The Word. :P

As someone who marched in a high school band that lifted a show direct from drum corps, first let me say I had a blast marching it. It was the single most popular show from my four years of marching, and it was a riot to perform. It was also the most technically challenging.

As for a lack of imagination, I know my director had to arrange every note of the winds for that show either by ear or off of snippets of source material. The year before, we'd done a Beatles show that I think was largely amalgamated from purchased music. Which show took more effort to arrange? I can't say. But I think my director worked hard to do justice to drum corps.

Pathetic? Perhaps. But if drum corps is about the kids, high school band is too. And let me tell you, the kids were happy that year.